Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zaku

I only have acne almost exclusively on the left side of my face...

which leads me to believe that this is related to the side of my face has contact with the pillow when I sleep. How do I fix this problem?

Did you try changing your pillow case once in a while? or try sleeping with your face up, and trust me its not easy to change your routine but atleast try.

i change my pillow case almost every day, sleeping with my face up is almost impossible for me =|. Sometimes i run out of pillow cases and i use clean t shirts as my pillow case. maybe its the material of the "pillow case" that can have an effect?

Made not. Because I also have acne only on the right side of my face, really bad, and not one cyst on any part of my face, and I change my pillow case daily, and i don't sleep on my right side, the dermatologist told me that not everyone has acne all over there face some develop acne only on a specific part of the face, I guess that is us. Are you on accutane?

Hiya- i can (could?) relate to this so thought i'd reply!

I didn't really have what i'd call acne until 2 years ago, but when it did arrive it was (like you) almost entirely on the left side of my face- i'd get maybe 1 odd spot on my chin or right side of my face a month but thats it. anyway to cut a long story short, i slept on my right side for 2 weeks- no difference. i slept on my left side for 2 weeks (who knows!), no difference. i did nothing differently to the left side of my face than i did my right.

anyways to cut a long story short, my left side gradually got worse and then my right side broke out and now it's more or less even! (although left side is still a bit worse :D)- so don't be amazed if you do breakout some time in the future on your right side, i guess it's just hormones related but i'm not sure. fingers crossed that you don't though! if you want to avoid this happening you can always try some acne medication (although none worked for me :( ) or try the acne.org regimen (which i myself have just started 2 weeks ago :D)

goodluck whatever you do though! :)

(ps. i did/ still do change my pillow every 2 days :') )

Think about other things that might be affecting like cell phones... maybe you touch the left side of ur face unintentionally...

Same for me currently. But it changes sides sometimes. Right now it is really bad on the left side, almost none on the right side.

Maybe a coincidence.

u say u wash ur pillow case every day or so... it is possibly caused by the detergent u use to wash it in?? just a theory based on what u have said. do u use biological washing powder? cos some people are sensitive to that. maybe u could try using a new type of washing powder/liquid or find one that says its good for sensitive skin. another possibility is that the material itself is irritating. Is it a cotton pillowcase? that should be the best kind I'd guess, but I read somewhere about a special acne pillow/case that is antibacterial or something, which might make a difference. this website seems to have something like that http://www.precisionfabrics.com/DermaTherapy-Skincare.html , or you could google it and maybe u will find something. anyway, just an idea.