Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So lately I have been getting a lot of pimples on my cheeks that are filled with white puss. I don't pop them and eventually the white puss pimple turns into a scab. However, the scab always falls off prematurely when I take a shower, leaving me with an open pimple. My cheeks scar easily so I’m wondering what to do with an open pimple. I was thinking either putting retin a or vitamin e directly on it. I was wondering which would be betting in terms of preventing a scar. Also, can I put these on the open pimple or do I have to wait till it heals?

No don't wait until it starts to heal. Put it on straight after your shower. But I don't recommend putting either of those on. Trust me I've used both. 50 mg zinc capsules are the best for scars. IDK why doctors don't talk about this. What I suggest, get insurance through a hospital and see a dermatologist. Good Luck

I replied this on several different posts: I also tried a lot of antibiotics: doxycycline, erythromycin, Bactrim, clindamycin (oral), penicillin, amoxicillin, and currently ciprofloxacin. Erythromycin and clindamycin didn't work at all for my acne. I think it's because those are most effective against gram-negative bacteria or gram positive, I can't remember which one. All the other antibiotics are effective on both the gram type bacteria. The derms suggested accutane many times. I had reasons, other than side effects, why I didn't want to take it. I left that hospital and went somewhere else, that's where i got the cipro. It isn't the only thing i got, though. Acne is mainly caused by hormone imbalances. Your body is has wayy too much testosterone, and is telling your body to produce all kinds of oil. That oil clogs your pores and traps the bacteria, forming acne. Antiandrogens are used to control the testosterone level. So the doctor also decided to put me on spironolactone "spiro". This is proven to treat server acne, and get rid of all the excess oil. Many people go on this for an acne medication. Some also get a birth control pill to improve the effectiveness. It takes anywhere from 1-3 months to start clearing acne. It only takes 1-2 weeks for all the oil to stop being produced. I was able to go 12 hours without washing my face; no oil. Usually I have so much oil, I have to wash it every couple hours. I read, I believe on this site, this girl was on antibiotics, and accutane. The accutane stoped working after a while, so she went on this and stayed clear. Go to google and type Spironolactone for acne, read the reviews. I would bring this up to your derm. You also want a healthy immune system. Take a multivitamin, and zinc 50 mg capsules (1 or twice daily). If you have scars, take a shower at night. After the shower, break a zinc capsule open, pour the powder on your finger tips, use your other hand to sprinkle water on the powder, rub it in untill it's like a liquid, and rub it on your face. Leave that on over night, and you'll be good. Zinc is amazing. I think give zinc and spiro a shot. After 3-4 months if you still have acne, may God have mercy on your soul. Good luck to you and enjoy your life.