Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Everyday i take great effort, time and pains to take care of my face following a routine. Well my family understand. Till one day some relatives came over to my house and stay for a short period.

I will like to ask all of u here, how long do u all take to bathe including brushing of teeth and applying medications on your face? Why do i ask such a question? I take 30-40 mins which includes flossing of teeth as i am on braces. Is it really too long, too much? And its only at night.

Because when my relatives were at my house, they of course seen my routine everyday. And i overheard them saying, why did he take such a long time to bathe. He is looking at his face, popping his pimples, looking at his scar etc etc ..... Worse was, he thought that people want to look at his face, his face is so disgusting.

How will u guys feel upon hearing all these? I really felt like giving up coz like what they said, it's already bad no point taking effort to wash up. Demoralised. Now even after they had left, their words are constantly in my mind.

Uhm, I'd smack a hoe.

I take a 30-60 minute shower, depends on how I'm feeling. After my shower I cleanse, tone, and mooisturize. I shower at night, I don't do anything in the morning except cleanse [with a different refreshing scrub to wake me up] then moisturize. My skin is waaaay too sensitive to tone twice a day.

It takes like, three minutes to do that alone, lol. And probably 2 minutes for teeth. I don't floss at that certain time, I do it when I'm bored and feel like picking or eating. lol

Intricate, voluminous skin routines are a bitch, especially when the "circadian rhythms" get knocked off course by suddenly visiting relatives. This often times to laziness and complacency, which only leads to more breakouts. During these discouraging times you just need to be mentally stronger. You need to have more self-discipline and perseverance.

Erm takes me about 20 mins max for shower, and i like to apply steam towel to my face at night. I dun really floss my teeth, just visit a dentist every 6 months.

With regard to applying topicals, I usually do it in my room, and it doesnt really take very long. All I have to apply are Differin, moisturiser and thats it. Doesnt take more than 5 mins max.

Did your relatives really say all of that ? If so there insensitive bastards. It takes me about half and hour in the morning and evening to apply the Dan Kern regime. Yes its annoying but it has to be done. Dont let people likr that compromise your skin care.

Hey bro I can understand your feeling on how since it is already so bad, whats the point in trying so hard to take care of it. Seriously I do. Its kinda what I feel when I look into the mirror in bad lighting. One toilet I wont recommend is the ground floor toilet at The Cathay. Really demoralizing lol.

I like to take my time bathing and doing my morning and evening routines so i take an hour and if my husband doesnt like it tough sh**t ;) but hes used to it since we have been married 11 years now lol

I would go up to em and bitch at em. Explain to them that their ignorance makes them sound fucking retarded.

Wow! I cannot believe they'd say that :( I take about an 8 minute shower, 2 minutes to cleanse, 1 minute to apply Finacea/Topisulf. I go quick! Plus 2 minutes brushing teeth, floss (1 minute), and mouth wash (1 minute). So about 17 minutes total. I guess I am easy.

Thanks to all who had replied. Really appreciate it. I must continue with my routine so that i can prevent things from getting worse. But really their words are quite true to a certain extent :doh:

i don't think 30-40 minutes is long at all. i take really quick showers, but everything else takes longer, and it ends up taking an hour. sometimes eating breakfast alone can take more than 10 minutes, so OP, those words are hurtful, but don't let those comments dictate how you take care of your skin. 40 minutes to get ready for the whole entire day or night is reasonable to me.