Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MarcMadness

Backpacking for a month...may have to go off...

So, I'm going to soon be going backpacking through Central America for a month and I've decided it's just going to be impossible to keep up the regimen while doing it. Yes I know they have the travel kits and I've used them before but I would need about 10 of them to carry with me which just isn't possible, let alone taking an hour in the morning and night every single day while I'm trying to get up and get moving, and on that I've learned that if I do anything sweaty within the first few hours after the regimen a ruined, bleached shirt is in my future. And I'll be doing nothing but walking around and sweating most of the time.

I'm 29 years old and I can honestly say the regimen is the only thing that has really produced anything close to consistent results for me. Even if I go off it for a day I can completely tell see and feel the difference in my face.

I guess I'm mostly just venting, but does anyone have any idea about an alternative method to the full regimen I could use while travelling. Or any sort of tips at all? Not really sure what I'm even looking for, or if anyone has had a similar dilemma and had to go off for an extended time due to circumstances.

Any input appreciated - thanks!

you could just do the regimen at night since you will be sweating all day most of it will probably sweat off any way... and it might do more harm than good to your skin in the long run being in the sun all day with bp on your face.

you could just do the regimen at night since you will be sweating all day most of it will probably sweat off any way... and it might do more harm than good to your skin in the long run being in the sun all day with bp on your face.

That's one idea but I really think it's unrealistic to think I can carry around a month's worth of regiment with me in what is going to be extremely limited space in my bag....I suppose I would need less if I ony did it at night so maybe it is a possibility

I had a similar problem when I was in Thailand for a month, I did do the regime though it takes me about half an hour, and you can do stuff when your waiting for the BP to dry. I just had to make room for the bottles of BP and cleanser. I also carried a small bottle of BP with me in case my luggage got lost. You might want to experiment with useing less BP on the morning routine. Using a moisturiser with SPF will also save you time, as will wearing a hat.

Hot humid weather can be a problem though for me as well, especially in the first week or so. After that I find your skin tends to get use to it.

How is your skin right now, is it clear?

You could slowly wane yourself off by going backwards on how much bp you use and then start using it every other day and see if ur face changes.

I went to the desert for a month where i didnt get to stay in any kind of hotel and had no real clean water to bath in and lived outside for the entire month and showered about every 3 days. So if you are in the same boat as i was, then i would just forget the regimen all together b/c there is almost no point (my face was not its best).

I would just wash your face wait 10-15 min and then apply spf, b/c like stated above bp on ur face could make it worse and cause sun damage. So best thing to do i think is just to protect your face from the sun as much as possible.