Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was thinking of getting one... if anyone has had one did you see any results? I have scars but the main thing that bothers me is my skin is just BAD i dont even know how to explain it. i think it is from putting on so many topicals and not moisturizing it damaged my skin.

You won't see results with just one. You need a series, usually 12, and will see results at areound 6-8. It won't be drastic.

I can't wait until 5 more months have gone by so I can start mine. I just got done 'tane.

Edited by Anti - Em

im getting a microdermabrasion on the 24th this month and i will post on how it goes.

i have questions though does your insurance cover microdermabrasion or you have to pay for it and how much if so... thanks

Hey anti do you think it would be worth it paying for 12 microdermabrasions? or to just get laser? and snoopy idk if it is covered you should call the place your going to find out.

I think its covered for atleast the couple of treatments, cause they didn't ask me if i want microdermabrasion they just offered and schedule me for it and didn't say how much the cost is so im guessing im covered.

You can buy a microdermabrasion kit and do it at home, If I was you I will google to find the best one to get and results people get from them. But it sounds like you need a chemical peel, the results are fast. You can ask you derm about it. I am doing a lactic acid peel tomorrow at home. I purchased it for $22 at MUAC, you should google search this too.

Chemical peel did help my scars lighten my red marks from acne a bit but then again i just have it done once but it didn't really help shrink my pores or with my acne scars..

Insurance doesn't cover it.

It helped my scars a lot. It won't be super drastic, so if you're expecting a miracle, you'll be disappointed. It isn't risky and invasive like lasers. The reason it works is because it causes some microswelling and it also builds collagen.

I hope I get the same results I did last time.

The home kits aren't as effective.

It's risky, inexpensive, and a little too similiar to Thermage for my tastes. If I were to do lasers, I'd go with something that's been around longer -- even fraxel would be better, because at least we know what's happened to people who've done it and not some dr who's pushing it claims it can do. No one knows first-hand about this new laser. They're all usually the same anyway, IMO. Some are just worse than others. None seem to be much better to me.

Besides, you can't compare any laser, or anything invasive to microderm or even peels. They are short term temporary fixes for people who don't want to go invasive.

so insurance doesnt cover it.. oh well i'll see how much is it.

so this microdermabrasion helps with hyperpigmentation also? cause im just worried about that.

Thanks, im looking forward to it getting it on the 24th!! cant wait. and one more thing does it help also with the indents that cortisone left?

Edited by SnoopyisAj

haha no im not selling it...im just really excited about it and i think this will be the Answer to my acne scars..i want everyone to know about this procedure before they do fraxel repair which can be good but possible have very bad side effects...when i heard about this new treatment which does very little harm to the skin and has the same effects as fraxel repair my hopes got really high..im just here to spread the hope and good news to the people new to this site

Snoopy:

It will not help too much with a scar like that. It will help a little. You should look into fillers for that type along with MD to smooth the overall skin and tone.

Steve:

I thought so. Please don't think this is the answer until people have had it. Dr's say this about EVERY new laser that comes out. I know because I've seen every laser that's come out since 2003 on these boards being touted as the best for scarring and safest. So far they have all crashed and burned. Smoothbeam comes to mind. As does thermage, which caused even more scarring and fat loss. This laser scares me because it's the same type of laser as thermage, using RF waves. I bet people get more scars and fat loss with it. I hope I'm wrong, but I'll believe it when I see it. NO LASER HAS NO RISKS. The fatc they're saying that makes me even more suspicious that they have no idea what damage it can do because not enough people have gotten it and not enough time has gone by to see the damage.

ok i think its not big of an indent its like a tiny one from the needle that pierced into the skin but i'll report more after im done with microdermabrasion. thanks.

yeah im pretty sure it isnt deep just a tiny indent and i read on what done said after being injected with cortisone that this indent is not permanent so yeah i just want to speed up the process of it clearing

Hey snoopy where are you going to get your microdermabrasion at?

Imma get it at my dermatologist's office on tuesday the 24th next week.