Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UPSIDEDOWN

Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal Employees Program + Clavaris co-pay

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield FEP (Standard), which I have always thought was great insurance, but when I went to fill my 1st Rx for Clavaris at Walgreen's I was told my co-pay was $148.79for a 30 day Rx of 20mg tablets.

This seems unreal!

Anyone else have Blue Cross Blue Shield FEP?

I think it's crazy reading other posts where people on have a $20 co-pay!!!

I have BCBS HMO Blue and a $10 copay on Claravis. Unfortunately I am losing this coverage soon and will be switched to Harvard Pilgrim HMO, which I believe has a $50 copay for the medication. If I was willing to pay a few hundred dollars more per month, I would have a lower copay, but clearly it is not worth it.

I'm just glad to have insurance that pays for any of it...many people are in a much worse positon.

Edited by xandraa

Most likely this is a screw up by your insurance. Have your dr's office fax your insurance company and make sure they know this is NOT a cosmetic medicine... 99% of the time you will not pay for this drug if you have insurance.

Found out my co-pay was right - I have to pay 20% of the total costs. Luckily I am in open season right now & with BCBS FEB Basic you only have to pay $10 for generic prescriptions instead of the 20% co-pay. :o(