Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karam

What % of people with mild/moderate acne go through Accutane without getting a crazy breakout

What % of people with mild/moderate acne go through Accutane without getting a crazy breakout?

i got one.

whether u have mild, moderate, or severe acne u will most likely have a bad inital breakout

how many days does it usually last??

I just can't go a long period of time with a volcano face

Edited by karam

its hard to tell whether youre gonna have an IB. i had one too, still have one actually lol...i had mild acne, and i broke out like crazy around my jawline (i never broken out there bfore), bt its suppose to get worse before it gets better, so if your gonna take accutane, be ready for the IB. no pain no gain my friend

I was on Accutane at age 14 and again at age 27, both times i never got the IB. Just experienced the dry lips and skin thats it.

Edited by PinkPlayBunny

I just started my accutane journey about 15 days ago and I would say that I had mild acne. My skin was bad for about a week, but it wasn't BAD bad it was like what my skin would look like on a regular not so good acne day. But when it did break out it would dry up real quick and just kinda flake off.

I was on Accutane at age 14 and again at age 27, both times i never got the IB. Just experienced the dry lips and skin thats it.

Did you grow after you took it a 14?

What % of people with mild/moderate acne go through Accutane without getting a crazy breakout?

I had an initial breakout which lasted only a few days. since then, no breakouts

I had moderate acne when I started tane. I'm halfway through my course and I've been breaking out more or less throughout the course, but with very, very mild acne, so I'd say I haven't had any crazy breakout.

I've experienced clear skin all my life until about a year ago when I started to get mild acne... nothing severe, no cysts, but i always had at least one or two active pimples on my face.

After trying other alternatives with no luck(topical ointments and antibiotics) my doctor prescribed me Accutane.

I've been on it for almost 4 weeks now and my skin has never been worse. I have cysts all over my cheeks and chin (something i've never experienced before). The initial breakout started around day 10 and has yet to die down.

For me, I think that this is partially due to my dosage (I was on 40mg for the first two weeks and then moved up to 60mg). Am I right in assuming that this is the cause, or is it normal for Accutane to initially make your skin 1000 times worse?

I had (have? just finishing my accutane course atm) moderate acne, and I had a horrible breakout about 2 months in. The worst my skin had ever looked. I wouldn't even call it a breakout, because it didn't stop. I had to go to my derm and get antibiotics (bactrim) to take with the accutane. That worked, thankfully. Not fun.

i never got one, but i was only on accutane for two months, then i had to stop cause of some other side effects . My experience was pretty great, i thought it was going to be soo much worse because of the things i heard, but im still clear.

im excited to go back on it, i just dont like the side effects lol :$