Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gretchum

How do I get rid of this

i have tons of scars and a couple of cysts. But the thing is, my skin is smooth, for the most part, it just has a ton of red bumps. I hate them. What do I do??

P.S. I'm not going to do any major medical procedures.

post-116507-1258140445_thumb.jpg

post-116507-1258140445_thumb.jpg

Use zinc oxide. It has no side effects, as far as I know. I've been using it for 3 weeks now, and it's the only thing that's been helping my red marks and severe acne. It's effective and inexpensive.

Try it for one or two nights, and you'll see a difference immediately. Oh it's the one for diaper rash. Desitin is the popular brand. Anyway just give it a try. It's doing wonders for me. Research on it too if you like. :-D

my skin has gotten smoother, but the redness of my scars has gotten worse. All I need is something that i can improve the redness with...any ideas?

post-116507-1258745782_thumb.jpg

post-116507-1258745782_thumb.jpg

Edited by gretchum

I had a pretty bad breakout about 2 months ago, went from 100% clear to 5-6 cysts on my jawline. I started to take my antibiotics again, as well as differin and duac. My acne was getting better but i had very bad marks, made it seem as if I still had a lot of active acne.

So I browsed the forums and decided to give zinc and jojoba oil a try. I have been on it for about 2 weeks and it's been great so far. I could literally see the difference the next day. Once a week I'll rub the jojoba oil into the face, and that helps a lot.

Basically what I do each night is rub jojoba oil all over face, then apply duac to active acne (no actives at the moment). In the morning I use the differing and 1 bactrim pill, then during lunch I take the zync pill (supposedly zinc takes the effect off the antibiotic so i try to space it out.) I mean I have never cleared so fast and cheap. the bottle of jojoba oil was 10$ and the zinc was $8 for 60 pills. Make sure you get organic jojoba oil.

You should see an improvement by the 2nd day, let me know if you do try it how it goes.

from now on i'll be posting how my face looks about 2 times a week to show my progress (if i have any)

I'm currently using Desitin Cream 40% zinc oxide on my skin at night

This my 4th day on desitin.

post-116507-1259181344_thumb.jpg

post-116507-1259181344_thumb.jpg

Tazorac would help you fight the acne and heal the skin. Dont even visit the dermatologist buy it online generic. I think it would help you greatly. Good luck.

Edited by liquids

Hi, I have nothing to contribute in terms of advice.. but I'd just like to say your side profile looks exactly like nicholas hoult (british actor, he was in the channel 4 show skins and he's an actor/ model). google him, he looks quite like you, and he's had bad acne in the past too.. all cleared up now.

Edited by xeroj

Week one on desitin. I don't know if its improving my acne at all, my skin is very smooth, it is just discolored. There has got to be something that could give me a quick fix from this nightmare...??

Day 7

post-116507-1259442703_thumb.jpg

post-116507-1259442703_thumb.jpg

Omg. I have this too and it's really hard to get rid of and had it for months. I'm on accutane 60mg daily. Been 2 months already. Seeing dermatologist monday and he should tell me how to get rid of the redness. I'll post when he does :)

post-117124-1259467764_thumb.jpg < Heres a pic

post-117124-1259468001_thumb.jpg

post-117124-1259467764_thumb.jpg

post-117124-1259468001_thumb.jpg

Edited by JohnSmithlol

i really think the AHA would help if you apply if daily. I had those spots exactly on my back so I applied the AHA that's sold on this website and it got a lot better in about 10 days or so. Not trying to market the product just sayin ;)

I think that the Desitin contains lanolin (their original product does, anyway) - which can be very pore clogging. Using something with pore clogging ingredients may cause your acne to get worse.

You said in your first post that you have redness and bumps? The bumps make me think that you may still have active acne in addition to the red marks?

Regarding the redmarks - unfortunately, there is nothing that will fade those quickly. It takes time for them to fade, and it happens gradually. Redmarks will fade on their own over time, but there are some products that may help speed up the process a bit. Exfoliants such as mandelic or glycolic acid can help with this, but they need to be used on a regular basis over a period of time to show results. You are not going to see immediate results from any product. You also might look into a product with azelaic acid like Finacea (which is often marketed for rosacea, but is also used for acne) or Azelex.

Professional chemical peels done by a qualified skin care expert can also speed up the process. They also help to get rid of any existing acne, blackheads, clogged pores, etc.

@willow569 - I don't know what I was saying in the first post, I don't really have any bumps, it's all smooth skin beside maybe 1 or 2 small pimples. I'm really not sure If I'll continue with the desitin, its extremely hard to get of my face in the morning and doesn't seem to be doing much of anything.

@dave55 - I think that's what I will try next. I'm not really sure exactly what AHA is, but I'll see if I can try it. Thanks.

@JohnSmithlol - I know how you're feeling man, red marks are the worst. I personally don't think accutane will do any good, but hey, maybe it'll work for you. I might see a derm. soon too.

this is my third day of desitin, I've just been using a mild face wash. This weekend I hope to pick up some AHA and see if it works.

post-116507-1259891153_thumb.jpg

It's been about 5 months since my last post i think. Something like that. I saw a derm. and got Retin A, Panoxyle and some weird pills, they are working great. You guys really motivate me, thank you for your support.

post-116507-1269045691_thumb.jpg