Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karam

so does accutane make you look old or no???

I keep hearing conflicting reports

does accutane make you look old or not?

I'm asking about when you get off it and your done.

Guest tofupup

I have also heard conflicting reports on this and have obsessed about it while on accutane. Now that I'm off it (about one year), I think it made my skin look older. Although, it might just be because I obsess about it so much. None of my friends agree that my skin looks older, and I asked my derm straight up at the time, and he said he never saw it make anyone's skin look older except for one woman, who was already 50-ish (menopausal) anyway.

I have also heard conflicting reports on this and have obsessed about it while on accutane. Now that I'm off it (about one year), I think it made my skin look older. Although, it might just be because I obsess about it so much. None of my friends agree that my skin looks older, and I asked my derm straight up at the time, and he said he never saw it make anyone's skin look older except for one woman, who was already 50-ish (menopausal) anyway.

Yea i have been trying to figure the same thing as you guys. I thought it made me look older also but maybe im just obsessing over my face now more than ever. Additionally, accutane is part of the retinoid family which is suppossed to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. i.e. retin. I've also read a study done online that show that accutane reduced photoaging in a group of people who took it.

I keep hearing conflicting reports

does accutane make you look old or not?

I'm asking about when you get off it and your done.

It does not make you look old but if you do not moisturize properly while on the drug and after, you will develop wrinkles much easier. Dry skin can commonly cause wrinkles.

I'm not sure about this either. I have been on accutane for 2 months and I swear that my skin looks and feels older, but everyone else says it's in my head. From what I have heard, it makes your skin look older while you are on it, but once your oils return it will go back to normal.

How exactly does one moisturize properly on accutane? How often? What moisturizer is best?