Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thamesclipper

Retin-A with Moisturizer: Clumping!

Hi everyone,

I've been using the Retin-A Gel .025% for about a month now. I had a really bad peeling phase in the beginning with lots of redness, but I haven't gotten an IB yet and the redness has started to go away.

I've also been using moisturizer with the Retin-A at night about 30 min to an hour after application of the Retin-A. It doesn't matter how long I wait, or really what moisturizer I use, but when I apply the moisturizer I get lots of clumping on the surface of my skin. My question is whether other people have experienced this as well?

I'd really prefer to keep using a moisturizer at night as it leaves my skin feeling better than without one. I've heard that all of the Retin-A absorbs into your skin in out 20 minutes or so, so I wonder if the clumping is a result of an interaction between the Retin-A vehicle (not the trentinoin itself) and the moisturizer?

Many thanks,

Dan

no ideea about this, but i'll start this night with differin 0.1 cream. so i'll do like this: step 1 : clear my face with Cetaphil . step 2 : put a moisturizer Sensibio DS by Bioderma ( works great for redness and iritate skin) , wait 5-10 minutes and pass to step 3: put a pea-size of differin on my fingers and apply to my entire face ( of course i don't touch the areas around the mouth and eyes) . i'll tell you what about it