Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First off I would like to say, that i do have acne. But its gone down like 75% and in the next month it will be totally gone. I have been on everything, and the one thing people have to realize is this ACNE IS SOMETHING THAT WILL NOT GO AWAY AFTER A WEEK AFTER A MONTH, IT TAKES TIME. My face used to be so clear. I was in modeling, like i had picture perfect skin until one day i had a red-ish area on check it was noticeable but it was nothing. But being who i was at the time i was traumatized,at what had happen. First thing i did was go to shoppers drug mart, and i bought the clearasil pads, and did what the instructions said and that was, use until pad comes out clear. So after the fourth one and my face feeling as if i took a torch lighter to it, i thought, "hey no pain no gain" and went to sleep. From that day on it only got worse and worse. First off NEVER, I MEAN NEVER listen to the dumb-ass cosmetic lady, Who thinks she is a dermatologist, all they do is read bottles and say HEY this has benzoyl peroxide, this will get rid of it. But what they don't realize, is that products like those are only on the market so that innocent people, looking for a quit fix, watch a commercial advertising that product and decide hey it must work, but what they don't realize, its only out there so that company's can make millions off something that does not work.

Anyways back to my story

I was so embarrassed about my skin, like i never wanted to go out or do anything. i did find a way to cover it up with make-up, but as i later found out, it made it worse and worse AND WORSE. heres another thing, don't use make up to cover acne. I no its hard but when you apply make up to the skin all you are doing is adding another layer to your skin making it harder to get oxygen, which results in More acne. I was very depressed in life because, i remember how family members would always kiss my checks and when i had acne they avoid my face at all costs. Even my grandma made it clear that she would not kiss my checks because of my acne. The pain that go's with having acne is a rough one, and to make it more harder is the fact that, people have the nerve to say its nothing you should go out and meet people. What they don't realize is that its not ok. Its like telling someone who just lost there sight, that its ok at first, nothing to worry about, NO it only becomes ok when you accept who you are, and that takes a DAMN WHILE to accept that fact.

I no my story sounds depressing but here is the happy side. I began taking pictures of my acne trying to see how it would turn out everyday in the morning and night. I think this is what everyone should do, only then can you see the cause and effect, of what certain things will do to your acne. before doing this, i took proactive, YA YA i no it dose not work. WROUNG. proactive works the reason it does not work for some people is the fact. YOUR NOT FOLLOWING THE GOD DAMN INSTRUCTIONS. when people use excuses like proactive did this to me, it made my skin worse, it does not even work. All you are saying is "I CANT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS". My skin purged for a month and i mean it got WAY WAY WORSE, to a point where i went to return it and the lady told me it would take 4 weeks to get my money, and i said **** that, and stuck with it, and thank god i did.

Proactive must be used in the right amount for the 3 steps. and also the oil-control works wonders, and you have to make sure you use just the right amount twice a day everyday at the same time. Like my skin got really dry and flaky and red and gross looking, but now it looks like a thing of beauty. Not only did proactive help but i switched my diet completely. I ate rice with ketchup and salad for two months (maybe had one cheat day), and gave up dairy sugar yeast and anything else that was not good for you, and it helped allot, not only with my face but my whole body.

MORALL OF ALL THIS story: Never surrender always, look in the mirror regardless of what you see back and smile or do what i do laugh, because I am glad i went threw this stage, because it let me see who i really was, and when my acne clears up, I honestly have nothing else to fear in the world, because i know if I can clear my acne and stick with a diet and wake up every morning smiling, I can do anything.

Billy

Age-21

PS: I no my spelling sucks, but its a late night for me.

Moved to the Over-The-Counter Acne Medications board.

Please keep in mind that no treatment is 100% effective for 100% of the people that use it, and that there are a lot of people that didn't have good experiences with ProActiv, not because they didn't follow the instructions, but because it just wasn't the right treatment for them.

Anywho, I'm glad you found something that works for you.

you just totally contradicted yourself by saying

"First off NEVER, I MEAN NEVER listen to the dumb-ass cosmetic lady, Who thinks she is a dermatologist, all they do is read bottles and say HEY this has benzoyl peroxide, this will get rid of it. But what they don't realize, is that products like those are only on the market so that innocent people, looking for a quit fix, watch a commercial advertising that product and decide hey it must work, but what they don't realize, its only out there so that company's can make millions off something that does not work. "

Proactive has benzoil peroxide! And it sucks imo. but to each is own

How is ketchup and rice good for acne? if anything all the carbs would be bad..but who knows