Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdowg

glycolic acid peels

Alright, have not been on forums in awhile and all i have to say is my acne is pretty much gone. Im happy, use to have 10-25 pimples to having 1 right now, which i know will be gone by the morning.

Now, i feel like i still have acne, but it seems to be red marks on my face, or light acne scars, im not sure which one. But do you think i should try glycolic acid peels? I might talk to my doctor about it and see what she has to say, but i feel like my acne is over, and now its getting these marks gone. what is your opinion of glycolic acid peels??

Any replies would be helpful. I will provide pics, if needed. Thanks

I use glycolic acid peels and they help my scarring and redness. I use 50% but I use at home. My dermatologists overprice a looot. As long as you start out slow with the peel, you'll be alright.

I use glycolic acid peels and they help my scarring and redness. I use 50% but I use at home. My dermatologists overprice a looot. As long as you start out slow with the peel, you'll be alright.

Thanks for the reply! Sorry been off for awhile, but how would you suggest using it? Start at a lower % and work my way up? Or start at 50, but small amount of it?

And 128 views, please reply mates! Would greatly appreciate it

Edited by jdowg

Id go easy on them mate, dont over do it.

Id start of wih a low percentage 1st, then start building up from there. Never go more than 5 mins, and only one layer is enough.

I get them free off me mum, she is a beauty therapist, and does it for a job.

They can help to some extent, but dont rely fully on them.

Good luck to ya.

Well at this point i need to take some risks. My skin has cleared greatly, and its only light scarring or red spots on my face that you can notice, my mom also said it would work great, so she is buying me some. But what percentage should i start at? And where should i be able to buy this? Any good websites for this?

Sorry but I wouldnt know where to buy it at all, since my mum gets it from the company.

I'd start of with something like 5/10% to begin with, do it once every week and after about a month or so increase it an extra 10%. (Or you can wait till ya use all of it up 1st then buy a stronger one).

Hope it goes well for ya. :)