Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sushikam

EXTREMELY dry skin under jaw, weird?

I have been on the regimen for right at 4 weeks now. I still am breaking out, mainly on the left side of my face on my cheeks, and every now and again on my forehead...seems the right side of my face purged in the beginning and hasn't had much problem other than a few stray pimples since.

What I'm finding puzzling, and painfully aggravating (literally) is that under my cheeks, under my jawline I should say, it is flaking really bad, has been for a little over a week maybe, and I'm even beginning to get a red "mark" as though my skin is burning on one portion of my jawline (but under the jaw...not along the side of my face, if I'm making sense).

I apply no BP here, only moisturizer. Now I understand BP can spread with the application of the moisturizer, so in all reality I am probably spreading some BP to this area, but I'm no where near applying large amounts directly to this area. Why am I getting such a flaky mess? I'm flaky elsewhere on my face such as around my chin, but not this bad.

I also find that when I use jojoba oil on this area, it burns and itches really bad (which sometimes I cannot help but scratch it, making it worse!), so I've been left with using a little bit of Dan's moisturizer, not adding extra jojoba, and then to help cool sometimes I use my other moisturizer that I typically only use in the mornings because it is oil free and I wear a powder makeup.

Any ideas?

Well, I'm not quite sure if this helps, but before I apply BP I moisturize my jawline and around the eye. Maybe I'm just OCD about wrinkles and skin under my jaw, but after I wash my face I apply my moisturizer to my jawline and eye area before applying BP. Hopefully this will moisture your flaky areas and applying moisturizer to this area before BP should help prevent spreading BP to this area.

Edited by ijpinilla

Well, I'm not quite sure if this helps, but before I apply BP I moisturize my jawline and around the eye. Maybe I'm just OCD about wrinkles and skin under my jaw, but after I wash my face I apply my moisturizer to my jawline and eye area before applying BP. Hopefully this will moisture your flaky areas and applying moisturizer to this area before BP should help prevent spreading BP to this area.

Hadn't even thought of that! Thanks...I'll try that out tonight and see if it starts helping hopefully after a week. I'm now finding the same problem on my collar bone at my neck, too much BP being applied there I suppose so I'm turning red with a burn like appearance...I'll tone down the amount of BP I apply for my body acne in that area.

Thanks again!

Hadn't even thought of that! Thanks...I'll try that out tonight and see if it starts helping hopefully after a week. I'm now finding the same problem on my collar bone at my neck, too much BP being applied there I suppose so I'm turning red with a burn like appearance...I'll tone down the amount of BP I apply for my body acne in that area.

Thanks again!

i got this same thing. read the post entitled "problems with dryness or flaking?" that's pinned on this page.

i started doing this a few days ago and i have not seen ANY flakes since then. just make sure you shave first... if that applies. also, as the girl above mentioned, you can moisturize after cleansing but before BP. if you use jojoba oil it REALLY helps.

Edited by jamesgarney