Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kripkrip420

Do oranges really cause acne in any way?

So I've recently heard from a few people that oranges can somehow cause acne. The reason I am so alarmed is because I love oranges and they are a part of my regular diet. Does anyone care to shed some light?

Whoever told you that is extremely ignorant. Oranges, in NO way, cause acne. If anything, they would help acne with their high vitamin c content and decent vitamin a content. Definitely keep eating those oranges!

someone on this forum claims much of his cystic acne was caused by oranges. I'm sure that individual will reply about that.

If I am not mistaken it is alternativista that has problems with oranges.

Yes, they can exacerbate acne if you are allergic to them. They don't affect me personally, but it changes from person to person.

FOD theory.

In addition to excess fructose foods, those high in

the balanced sugars may also be problematic when

consumed in large amounts as these provide a high

fructose load (Table 3). For example, an orange is in

equal balance of fructose and glucose so is safe to eat,

however, orange juice is concentrated, with one glass

containing up to six oranges, so this should be limited

to only one-third glass in one sitting (equivalent to the

juice from one serving of fruit).

If you have acne because of yeas infection (candida) oranges and other fruits will give you new pimples because it activates the yeast infection (candida), before i know anything about candida and if i drank/drink orange juice i had a breakout in a day or two...i stay away from it, just my expreience

If you have acne because of yeas infection (candida) oranges and other fruits will give you new pimples because it activates the yeast infection (candida), before i know anything about candida and if i drank/drink orange juice i had a breakout in a day or two...i stay away from it, just my expreience

What makes you say that they cause candida? If you mean because of the sugar, then the person before stated that it's not really that high in sugar. While I'm at it, why even mention Candida?

Anyways, last week my mom bought some manderins, and I started to buy lunch at school, and my juice would be orange juice. I was eating about 2 manderins a day, and the orange juice, from Monday til Thursday. Thursday and Friday, I had a breakout, so I stopped with the manderins and oranges. So far the breakout has subsided, and all that's left is the red marks. The reason I thought it might be those 2 things, is because I saw some other people on here posting about them. I do not know for certain, but I was clear for about 3 weeks before this, so I think it's worth a shot. I'm also getting an allergy test tomorrow, and I'm going to make sure oranges are one of the things they test me for.

Whoever told you that is extremely ignorant. Oranges, in NO way, cause acne. If anything, they would help acne with their high vitamin c content and decent vitamin a content. Definitely keep eating those oranges!

I agree... but some people has problem with it. :)

I recommend to eat one orange a day and see if you have problems...

Edited by EddieE

Whoever told you that is extremely ignorant. Oranges, in NO way, cause acne.

Yes, they can, IF you are allergic to them. Why is this concept so difficult to understand? All kinds of healthy foods can cause acne if you have an intolerance for them. Citrus allergy is fairly common.

I must add to this thread as I love oranges as well But i then realized that oranges gave me huge cysts, same with uncooked tomatoes. It doesnt matter about GI if you are actually allergic to them, therefore. try not eating them for a few weeks, dont change any thing else in ur diet, see what happens. I used to absolutely adore oranges, but i'd say theres alot of fruits, and a clear face is better.