Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So sugar, for 1, has always triggered my chest/back acne and worsened my face so I have completely avoided it for a couple years now. I pretty much just eat fruits, vegetables, seafood, meat, and only drink water.

For those of you who were negatively affected by foods prior to accutane, can you now eat them after accutane without any worry? - Does it still affect you the same (make you break out)?

And if so, did you notice their negative affects stop sometime during your accutane course? When?

I would really appreciate any feedback! Thank you so much.

Edited by HereComesTheSun:)

Hey,

I was on Accutane from Late January 09- Early August 09...

I can tell you that I stopped drinking soda entirely about 5 years ago purely on the fact that I thought it was a contributing factor to my acne, I can't tell you if that is true or not because I still do not drink it. I found that bagels seemed to cause my skin to breakout before I started my accutane course so I stopped eating them. During the course I would have a bagel every once in a while and it would not affect me at all; however, after completing my course in August I can tell you I have had two bagels, one in September and one in October and both times I ate a bagel my skin broke out.

I am not 100% sure if this is directly related to the bagels because to be honest with you my skin hasn't been doing AMAZING since the completion of my Accutane course, but it is doing much better than before.

Hope this helps.

Hey,

I was on Accutane from Late January 09- Early August 09...

I can tell you that I stopped drinking soda entirely about 5 years ago purely on the fact that I thought it was a contributing factor to my acne, I can't tell you if that is true or not because I still do not drink it. I found that bagels seemed to cause my skin to breakout before I started my accutane course so I stopped eating them. During the course I would have a bagel every once in a while and it would not affect me at all; however, after completing my course in August I can tell you I have had two bagels, one in September and one in October and both times I ate a bagel my skin broke out.

I am not 100% sure if this is directly related to the bagels because to be honest with you my skin hasn't been doing AMAZING since the completion of my Accutane course, but it is doing much better than before.

Hope this helps.

Hi :) i read your downhill post so im hoping its just because you had low doses. Thank you and best of luck to you!

So sugar, for 1, has always triggered my chest/back acne and worsened my face so I have completely avoided it for a couple years now. I pretty much just eat fruits, vegetables, seafood, meat, and only drink water.

For those of you who were negatively affected by foods prior to accutane, can you now eat them after accutane without any worry? - Does it still affect you the same (make you break out)?

And if so, did you notice their negative affects stop sometime during your accutane course? When?

I would really appreciate any feedback! Thank you so much.

This is a great question. However, unlike you, I have no will power and can not stop eating, or drinking for that matter, sugar. When ever I go overboard, my forehead breaks out terribly and I have what I call "pizza face" I think for sure that it is food related. Also, since I am sure I have hormonal acne and have been diagnosed as such, it makes sense that eating too much sugar triggers the breakouts because it effects the testosterone and estrogen levels in the body. Same thing with dairy and hormones. Totally unrelated to pizza face, an esthetician once said I have "cheese face". She said that I didn't have much acne and most of it was deeply seeded milia (load of crap) and swore that if I stopped eating cheese, my face would be clear in 2 months tops. I'm Italian and me not eating cheese is pretty much an impossibility, so I was not willing to try and never went back to get a facial at that spa.

=D

This is a great question. However, unlike you, I have no will power and can not stop eating, or drinking for that matter, sugar. When ever I go overboard, my forehead breaks out terribly and I have what I call "pizza face" I think for sure that it is food related. Also, since I am sure I have hormonal acne and have been diagnosed as such, it makes sense that eating too much sugar triggers the breakouts because it effects the testosterone and estrogen levels in the body. Same thing with dairy and hormones. Totally unrelated to pizza face, an esthetician once said I have "cheese face". She said that I didn't have much acne and most of it was deeply seeded milia (load of crap) and swore that if I stopped eating cheese, my face would be clear in 2 months tops. I'm Italian and me not eating cheese is pretty much an impossibility, so I was not willing to try and never went back to get a facial at that spa.

=D

Hey MissNarNar :) haha yeah its tough. how long have you been on accutane so far?

Hey... I have yet to test this theory out so far on accutane and I think it's too early for me to do so as I'm only 1 month in. I know for me dairy (milk,cheese, etc etc.) is the worst thing for my skin. I had been eating extremely healthy for months but still had very moderate acne, I decided I'd tried cutting out dairy and my skin went from moderate to mild. I tested it out before I went on accutane, ate some yogurt for a day or 2 woke up with a cyst.

Right now I'm on a low-dose course but I have been wondering about this same thing, when I'm done with my course will I be able to eat some ice cream and not break out the next day?? I'll have to see when the time comes but when I get further into my course I'll likely test it out because I really miss icecream/cheese!! lol! :D

Hey... I have yet to test this theory out so far on accutane and I think it's too early for me to do so as I'm only 1 month in. I know for me dairy (milk,cheese, etc etc.) is the worst thing for my skin. I had been eating extremely healthy for months but still had very moderate acne, I decided I'd tried cutting out dairy and my skin went from moderate to mild. I tested it out before I went on accutane, ate some yogurt for a day or 2 woke up with a cyst.

Right now I'm on a low-dose course but I have been wondering about this same thing, when I'm done with my course will I be able to eat some ice cream and not break out the next day?? I'll have to see when the time comes but when I get further into my course I'll likely test it out because I really miss icecream/cheese!! lol! :D

haha i miss them too, oh so much! i actually gave in for the first time tonight and had some ice cream, but its a coconut milk kind from Whole Foods so im hoping i don't break out :pray: . eek.

if i still break out from foods after accutane...im going to cry..

let me know how your experiment goes!

=D

Hey MissNarNar :) haha yeah its tough. how long have you been on accutane so far?

Heya =) I've been on accutane for 20 days and haven't seen any change in my skin apart from it being less oily. I've had 3 breakouts since the start but that's pretty normal for me so I can't call it an IB. One really weird thing is that I got a pimple on my shoulder...first one I've ever had and I don't even have chest or bacne. Very weird. Not sure if this is my imagination or not but the underneath bumps seem to be closer to the surface. Maybe I'm just hopeful lol.