Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CookeyMonster

does this count as picking?

so when i go into the shower i put soap on my face and when theres too much of a 'stiff dead skin layer' i just rub it all off - stuff come off (dry skin and little gross 1 mm thingys - idk what to call them) and some times theres bleeding >.< ... i try to avoid doing it every day so i do it every other day.. doesnt seem to make things better ~ but im afraid to keep the layer on in case it makes my acne worse ; ps. i dont use mosturizer should i? im afraid moisturizer will make it worse and i dont know which if any to use

Hi there, welcome to acne.org!

So, rubbing isn't a good thing, especially if you know it's not doing you any good. In the shower you might want to use something specialized - but don't scrub it like you are now, just smoothen it very gently around your face for about 10 seconds, then wash it off. It's really important that you don't irritate your face - don't touch it, don't rub over it with your hands, only make contact with it when you are applying moisturizer, cleanser or BP. If you need to squeeze spots - remember to use a tissue!

But hey, it's not all bad! We've all been there. When I first started getting acne, I use to squeeze with my fingers, I used to rub against my skin - as I got better at dealing with it, I got settled into not even touching my skin at all. So don't worry about it - it's great that you've joined this site and, check out the regimen for more great tips! :D

I know those little gross 1 mm thingies, I have had plenty before. Because I use a specialized cream in the shower, it gets them off right away - yet I don't rub vigorously - I just gently smoothen it over with my hands and then wash it off. It has the same effect, and if they don't come off, then hey, I know that there aren't ready to come off yet. You can't rush these things :).

And moisturizers are really excellent, just remember to get something without oil - I recommend Neutrogena. If you are using the Benzyl Peroxide, then moisturizers help to keep the face fresh, clean and moisturized throughout the day.

Best of Luck and if you've got any questions I'll be only too pleased to help!

hmm ok - no rubing;by the way, what specialized cream do you use to get them out? Also, what kind of Neutrogena moisturizer do you use? Thank you so much! That might explain why my face is getting worse every time i rub it >.<

I was going to say that you were OK if you were not having any side effects from rubbing the skin, but you said you bled from doing it so your body is probably telling you do not do it. I think when anything causes me to bleed I am going to exercise caution while doing it ;)

AHHH! my face has gotten 10 times worse! im not rubing so the layer stays and stuck withit till today but i cant bare it any more i cant bare the look on people's faces!! T.T aw man this really sucks argh im gana rubb it just to destroy everything off my face and then maybe put neosporin on the bleeding poped pimples?!? argh man crap TT.TT i think its cause i tried moisturizing bad moisturizer? crap =( T.T

Men dont rub it, i did that before cause i couldn't stand staring at my face which has like a layer of dead skin on it so i keep rubbing it so they'd go away, instead it made my acne worse don't rub it before you'll do something you'll regret in the future.

Men dont rub it, i did that before cause i couldn't stand staring at my face which has like a layer of dead skin on it so i keep rubbing it so they'd go away, instead it made my acne worse don't rub it before you'll do something you'll regret in the future.

what do i do about it then =(((.. my face today is a complet mess... bleeding where cysts and pimples were.. the dead layers gone but its all bumpy and bleeding now =(

and i think the only thing to save me is neosporin but im not so sure if thats a good idea.. i mean i is anti bacterial and helps promote healing, but i cant go out with a layer of neosporin on my face ... is there any acne medication like it? that is anti bacterial + healing?

Edited by CookeyMonster

I think the best thing to do is either go to your derm asap, or just leave it for now cause my face was like that before also like every after i apply bp on it it just keeps bleeding so i have to wipe it off again so frustrating and i finally just went to the derm had a cortisone shot and in just two days the bleeding stopped and all the dead layer, and dried blood just went away and i got prescribed with a bp wash and a ziana, for now little dead skin is lingering on my face but i can live with it.