Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iceopal

how long did spiro IB last?

for those of you that had an initital breakout on spiro and are now clearing up how long did the IB last and when did you start clearing up? of course most people that are clear dont have a reason to visit this site anymore!..

Of and on for four miserable months! AND my face broke out worse than it EVER has! I kept telling myself - You just have to get to the 'other side.' This month - I did! So far, so good. :)

3 months. and it was THE WORST MY SKIN HAD EVER BEEN. while i'm no longer breaking out, i have IB scarring to deal with...

thats what im worried about too, i have really terrible cysts around my jawline and mouth that will take forever to heal. the only thing that ever healed my scars was accutane. for some reason im thinking that this will not make my skin look as good as accutane did....... what is it with initial breakouts, they dont make sense. its like your acne has to go out with a bang..one last revenge! lol. jk. i think this awful breakout is making me a little pshycotic

hang in there, icopal. how far along are you? try applying freshly squeezed lemon juice to your face with a cotton ball before bed then wash it off in the morning. this should help dry out the existing zits.

it'll totally be worth it to see the breakouts subside once and for all. and you'll enjoy a much more even, less oily complexion as a bonus.

i understand your "psychotic" comment. during my first three months, i wore my hair in my face and rarely looked people in the eye. people probably thought i was some sort of witch (with what looked like warts all over my face!). it was such a nightmare. glad i'm finally healing.

good luck. keep us updated on your progress.

I started spiro about 1 month ago, and I have no ib. It is because I'm also taking an antibiotic. But I've been on 8 different antibiotics, and became resistant to 7 of them. All of those antibiotics were the cheap ones too. So I can't go on anymore So after I become resistant to this, hopefully spiro will show results by then.

Edited by Buke

Ahhh becareful using antibiotics for acne. Once you become resistant to them it'll suck if in the future you need an antibiotic to cure some type of infection that's more serious than acne. Good doctors use caution before prescribing ABs.