Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EstelleD

Little things to make you feel better

Hi

I've decided that no amount of trying is going to help me beat this thing quickly so I have to try little things to make myself feel better, I've started by trying to get my make up and wardrobe right and confident from the beginning of the day :confused:

Welcome to the org! ^_^

And that's good advice for all. Don't let acne get you down, the world is full of little joys. Find things you love to do and immerse yourself in them. =)

Lol yes what a great idea! :D

I go on mega bike rides to take my mind of off things - Sometimes I'm gone for 6 or 7 hours and, when I'm back, I look at myself in the mirror and although my complexion probably hasn't changed that much, in my eyes I think it looks much better :D.

It's great to think of all the other things in life :)

To be honest, I don't like seeing alot of makeup on girls (of course this is just my opinion), for example, I've seen a girl who had acne, she didn't cover it up but I still thought she was beautiful. It's more than what you see at the first glimpse. Anyways the best thing to do to make you feel better is just hanging out with your friends, mine are the best, they don't care about what I look like, we always have loads of fun!

R U SAD?

Yes I get very sad sometimes, but I have to try and make myself feel better as best I can, because otherwise the Acne takes over and makes me really really depresssed.

How do you cope?

Lol yes what a great idea! :D

I go on mega bike rides to take my mind of off things - Sometimes I'm gone for 6 or 7 hours and, when I'm back, I look at myself in the mirror and although my complexion probably hasn't changed that much, in my eyes I think it looks much better :D.

It's great to think of all the other things in life :)

Sounds a great idea, bet its good exercise too!

Welcome to the org! ^_^

And that's good advice for all. Don't let acne get you down, the world is full of little joys. Find things you love to do and immerse yourself in them. =)

:cool: Yes that is good advice, Thank you, I do try not too, its hard sometimes though x

I've moved this thread to the Emotional & Psychological Effects Of Acne board.

I've moved this thread to the Emotional And Psychological Effects Of Acne board.

I'm like you, I'll put together outfits that make me look and feel good then I'll get so many compliments during the day I stop focusing on how bad my face looks :D

I try to do nice eyemakeup so that people look at my eyes first. And honestly, a good foundation and concealer always makes me feel more confident.

For me its a good concealer and powder!!!! I love my powder makeup from Origins its really good at making your skin look flawless!!!!! And Ive been using Dermablends Quick Fix Concealer recently and so far its pretty good at covering up the imperfections :D

Fashion (selectism.com), cycling, smoking herb, good graphic novels and anime, food, programming, science... Most of the time I don't think too much about my skin.

I'm also with one of the above posters about cycling. I'll go on an intense ride and feel much better, less bloated.