Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had a large nodule on the center of my chest in the past. I can't remember its development but eventually it formed a hard, isolated lump that looked like a grain of rice stuffed directly under my skin. The surrounding skin was red but the lump itself was skin color.

Initially I thought it was keloid, but over the years there was no growth, so I believe it was a hypertrophic scar. My dermatologist injected steroid back in September and in a few days it was reduced to something akin to PIH.

Fast forward to this month, and the site has started growing a nodule. It's a hard, red pimple without a head. While not very big and only slightly painful, it feels uncomfortable. Do you think it's a recurring nodule or is it a new, unrelated one that happens to develop on the same spot?

How should I treat it? I'm inclined to rub ice on it, but I'm afraid the stimulation may break the nodule inside. I have 250g tetracycline capsules and BP at the ready. Should I apply the band-aid method on it?

I can post a picture if anyone would like to see it.

Edited by 843