Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I eat New Potatoes occasionally and I think they are OK. To me I do not think they taste as good as golden or red. Just my opinion, but I like to avoid potatoes in general. They are not all that great for you other than sweet potatoes.

I eat New Potatoes occasionally and I think they are OK. To me I do not think they taste as good as golden or red. Just my opinion, but I like to avoid potatoes in general. They are not all that great for you other than sweet potatoes.

Yeah but what are you basing that off of? I know Sweet Potatoes have vitamins etc. but New Potatoes are a lower GI which is one of the largest issues with acne.

I am not really talking about acne but just for health in general. Potatoes are pretty much empty calories other than for energy. Too much starch but I am on a very strict diet right now trying to lower my body fat % (at 16% and want to get to 10). Whatever works for you though!

the high gi of potatos and bananas are to get insulin to shuttle potassium(and other nutrients) into the cell, unfortunatly you cannot mess with gods design too much we need that insulin spike to get the potassium in there. 99% of your bodys potassium is stored intercellularly(inside cells), where ~1% is retained in serum for electrical conductance of heart ,muscle and brain or nervous system.

and we need potassium for tons of bodily processes, especially skin barrier function or how well your skin does its job of being skin, one of its jobs are to retain the bodys water.

i choose potatoes over bananas for potassium, starches are more bacteria friendly then disacharrides or sucrose, meaning bad bacteria tend to favor sweet things like sucrose and lactose.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980