Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mac_j

Is it really up to the individual?

When getting laser treatments done is it really up to the individual when it comes to seeing results? What I mean is it the way the individual's skin responsds to fraxel that determines the amount of improvement. For example, one person can get 60% improvement with 5 sessions and someone else can only get 25% with 5 sessions.

Guest Chrisâ„¢
When getting laser treatments done is it really up to the individual when it comes to seeing results? What I mean is it the way the individual's skin responsds to fraxel that determines the amount of improvement. For example, one person can get 60% improvement with 5 sessions and someone else can only get 25% with 5 sessions.

There's several factors that come into play. Severity of the scars being number one, the skill of the surgeon being next, and then you also have to figure that everyone has varying healing capacities. I got maybe 10% improvement (with more scars created) with fraxels, I had 12 sessions done at the highest settings... My scars are bad though. Then there are people that say they had 1-3 treatments and they had 80% improvement.

Those people either:

1: had very light scars

2: had very light scars

OR

3: had very light scars

Then again, the skill of the surgeon performing the treatments really does play a huge roll in the results, because they use a manually guided hand piece and it requires skill to get optimal results. Overall though, it just depends on the severity of the scars (fraxel re:store only helps superficial scars in my experience). Fraxel (re:store) is weaksauce.

Yes, because everybody's acne scarring is different. Some may have moderate scarring but none that are raised. Some may have only raised scars. It all depends on the person just like how not one acne treatments works for everybody.