Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jessica09

Safe Moisturizers??

I have had cystic acne since my late teens, I'm now 23. I finally decided I have had enough of the bad pain and embarrassment. I wanted to start living my life again. So I got serious and went on a strict diet, drank LOTS of water, and used some antibiotics. My face cleared up :dance: and I was so excited! Then I figured it was time to start using moisturizer like everyone says, so I bought oil free neautrogena for sensative skin and my face went crazy. Now all my cysts are back :cry: .

I am trying to clear it up again hopefully. But what is a safe moisturizer that won't cause my skin to breakout again?

Edited by jessica09

Did you need the moisturiser?

The reason we all talk about it so much is that a side effect of accutane, BP and various other things is very dry skin.

If your skin isnt dry and you are moisturising it you are probably just increasing the chances of more spots.

The reason we all talk about it so much is that a side effect of accutane, BP and various other things is very dry skin.

If your skin isnt dry and you are moisturising it you are probably just increasing the chances of more spots.

As long as someone isn't putting large quantities of lotion all over their face, moisturizing is moreso a key of controlling acne rather than ever hurting it (as long as the products are right for the person, of course).

Jojoba oil has done wonders for my skin that is rather sensitive to lotions. You can check out Acne.org's page here. I personally use Desert Essence (the Acne.org review page is here).

Also, Purpose has some moisturizers that are supposed to be pretty good, but I have had no experience using them.

As long as someone isn't putting large quantities of lotion all over their face, moisturizing is moreso a key of controlling acne rather than ever hurting it (as long as the products are right for the person, of course).

Jojoba oil has done wonders for my skin that is rather sensitive to lotions. You can check out Acne.org's page here. I personally use Desert Essence (the Acne.org review page is here).

Also, Purpose has some moisturizers that are supposed to be pretty good, but I have had no experience using them.

Thank you so much! I usually stay away from anything that contains the word "oil" but after reading about it and the reviews I think I'm gonna go for it!

Once you start the regimen you will have to see how your skin reacts to the cleanser and BP. I know my skin became very very dry once I started using the BP. What I use that I LOVE is Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 and I mix in a drop of Jojoba Oil. I hope you find something that works for you!