Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ldm2010

accutane not working?

ive been on accutane for 14 weeks and it has not improved...I was put on accutane for mild acne in which i broke out mainly on the chin and the back pretty bad. but since ive been put on accutane my cheeks have broken out non-stop and they definately look like they will scar...although it looked like it was improving since i didnt break out on one of the cheeks for about a week or two the pimples came back(although not as bad)..but on the other side i continually breakout...ive been on 40mg (20mg twice a day) for the whole treatment so far...it seems like others begin to clear around month 3 but my face still looks really bad and im in the middle of month 4...is this normal to still be continously breaking out in month 4?

ive been on accutane for 14 weeks and it has not improved...I was put on accutane for mild acne in which i broke out mainly on the chin and the back pretty bad. but since ive been put on accutane my cheeks have broken out non-stop and they definately look like they will scar...although it looked like it was improving since i didnt break out on one of the cheeks for about a week or two the pimples came back(although not as bad)..but on the other side i continually breakout...ive been on 40mg (20mg twice a day) for the whole treatment so far...it seems like others begin to clear around month 3 but my face still looks really bad and im in the middle of month 4...is this normal to still be continously breaking out in month 4?

some people clear up by the end. hang in there and see if it helps. if not ask your derm about other options. im on my 4th month and still breaking out as well but i do see some type of improvement

good luck

I feel your pain...

I've been on Roaccutane for 8 weeks on 40mg/day and my face looks exactly the same as it did on my first week, if not worse.

My cystic acne aren't drying up or healing at all. They just sit there...like Roaccutane isn't working on them.

I have my next blood test at the end of this month and I'm going call my Derm about the results. I'm just going to tell him that my skin isn't improving, I'm still slightly oily (except for my lips and my scalp) and my cystic acne just sit there doing absolutely nothing.

Contact your dermatologist and see what he/she says...of course the dosage of your Roaccutane depends on your cholesterol level (and blood test results).

Good luck!

Don't worry. ur still at the beginning of ur course. i just got done with month 6 and im going on month 7 (they extended it) and i still get 2 to 3 pimpes along my jawline. Its a SLOW process. it could very well take u 6months to clear up. Even if u have mild acne. I had mild sometimes moderate but persistant acne and it has taken me this long and im still not 100% clear

Yeah , I think your right. I do see some spots clearing up so I just hope it's working. I think when ur mild or moderate it takes alil longer. I just hope it starts to get better fast cuz it's beginning to annoy me. I had 2 cyst on my forehead and when I went to the derm and he zapped it and grossly everything came out. It's now 5 days later and it's dried up. I just hope all this crap stops for us so we can go out to the world like "normal " people.

Btw, I'm on 120mg and now I see everything coming out but yet getting better.

And yes I hate the marks they leave so we can remember the shit they put us through ;p

good luck