Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
helzo

Skin Infection - Not acne

My doctor has prescribed me with Tetralysal for what she said herself was 'not acne, but a skin infection'.

I had tried some anti-biotic gel which was prescribed first. It dried my face up but didn't fix the rash. She has given me this and I am about to start treatment but im just wondering if it is the right thing? Ive been signed up to take this for 8 weeks.

Can anyone give me any advice?

I know myself from what it looks like and how it feels it's not acne. The rash started when i was travelling in South East Asia about 4 weeks ago.

My doctor has prescribed me with Tetralysal for what she said herself was 'not acne, but a skin infection'.

I had tried some anti-biotic gel which was prescribed first. It dried my face up but didn't fix the rash. She has given me this and I am about to start treatment but im just wondering if it is the right thing? Ive been signed up to take this for 8 weeks.

Can anyone give me any advice?

I know myself from what it looks like and how it feels it's not acne. The rash started when i was travelling in South East Asia about 4 weeks ago.

Hi Helzo, I also have a skin infection. It causes me severe acne. I have a fungus infection on my face but I was given both antibiotics for bacteria and fungus because doxycycline worked after a while and is bringing down the irritation. I don't know how the Ketoconazole is affecting me since I've only been on it for 3 days. I have not been given any topical medicine and I've been doing just fine with moisturizer.

My advice for you is be patient and keep your cool. I know it's really really really hard if it is painful and it itches, but infections can't be treated in a week. Its a psychological battle at this point. Just trust your doctor, pay attention to any additional symptoms and following up with your doctor if any problems arise.

I wish you the best,

Teraerae