Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TLC2009

Minocycline Dosage

I have been on minocycline for 5 weeks now.. I have seen some improvement.. I have had no side effects.. Right now I am taking 100mg per day.. I think that 100mg is not enough.. I read it goes on your body weight .. I weight 210 lbs.. I read that you should take 100mg every 12 hours.. This is what i am going to try starting today.. please let me know what you think...

If thats what ur doc tells u dont take more! Take it with full meals not just food. If ur goona ask ur doc anything ask about probiotics. Mino will kill the good bacteria and the pros will replenish that.

I took 50 mg twice a day for about 9months and it worked pretty well. When u finish taking them slowly lower ur dosage before stopping completely. Then definately start with the probiotics or ur acne will come back worse because ur intestines will not be nearly as healthy as they were when u started. I didnt take care of my diet or anything when i stopped and it came back way worse on my neck.

Good luck and if ur gonna experiment with anything to help ur skin try changing nutrion and that not medications or skin products.