Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lillies

unbelievable - acne 85% gone

I can not believe I am typing this post. After almost two decade of acne and one decade of Roaccutane my acne is finally almost gone.

The culprit was milk. Yes, I know, can hardly believe it? I am not sure if it is milk, the hormones in milk or the chemicals in their diet.

I have been off milk for nearly 6 weeks now + 4 weeks off all meds. I have zero body acne and my face is 85% clear.

This is bitter and sweet victory. I have been through everything and it was the simplest thing that was destroying my happiness and health.

I will admit I have always been a huge milk drinker; 2 litres of full cream milk every week... I also eat cheese and yogurt. I have also cut cheese out of my diet but sticking with the yogurt for the moment. I wonder if the yogurt accounts for the remaining 15% of my acne.

All I can say is if you are planning on going on serious meds, please try the 'no dairy' diet for 4 weeks. It might save you a lot of grief.

That's amazing, Great story!!

I am cutting more dairy products out of my diet as I have heard about the possible consequences, I am waiting to see the results. :)

But still, two decades - that must be such a great feeling! Well done and I think you really, really deserve it after all the things you seem to have been through.

:D:D:D:D

Edited by Arcade

i cannot completely cut out cheese from my life. i love cheese. just yesterday at shredded provolone at my italian restaurant that i work and some parmesiano reggiano.

I went off milk/dairy for a month and my skin cleared up, then last night as a test I drank a full glass to see what would happen. Still clear with no new pimples coming in today, so I don't know. I'll have to see if anything happens within the next few days.

I've also been taking a new iodine-free multivitamin made from raw fruits and vegetables, and slightly cutting down on my iodine intake, perhaps that is helping. It's hard to pin-point these things when my breakouts seem so random! Oh well, at least I'm clear today.

I went off milk/dairy for a month and my skin cleared up, then last night as a test I drank a full glass to see what would happen. Still clear with no new pimples coming in today, so I don't know. I'll have to see if anything happens within the next few days.

I've also been taking a new iodine-free multivitamin made from raw fruits and vegetables, and slightly cutting down on my iodine intake, perhaps that is helping. It's hard to pin-point these things when my breakouts seem so random! Oh well, at least I'm clear today.

u will likely break out on day 4 after eating something. it takes the body 4 days to cycle something you put it

u will likely break out on day 4 after eating something. it takes the body 4 days to cycle something you put it

sounds like me. i bought a croissant that apparently was chocolate filled. i didn't want to eat it, but i didn't want to trash it either. so i ate it. 4 days later i had a big pimple on my left cheek (i am essentially clear also)

i cannot completely cut out cheese from my life. i love cheese. just yesterday at shredded provolone at my italian restaurant that i work and some parmesiano reggiano.

it varies from person to person.

i cannot drink milk, eat ice cream, or eat chocolate. but i do eat cheese with no limits. it may cause a few bumps here and there for me, but it's very marginal and unnoticeable.

ME TOO OGMOGMGOMGOMGOMGGOM

NO DAIRY AND MY FACE IS LOOKING SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god I got off accutane only in 1 week.

That's amazing, Great story!!

I am cutting more dairy products out of my diet as I have heard about the possible consequences, I am waiting to see the results. :)

But still, two decades - that must be such a great feeling! Well done and I think you really, really deserve it after all the things you seem to have been through.

:D :D :D :D

Thank you. That is very sweet. I am certain that no dairy will have an impact. :D

Edited by Lillies

yea i guess milk is the culprit. so i stopped it. but im still using butter. when i cook, i put butter. also on my bread with strawberry jam filling..yum yum. does it count? pls say no!