Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using Retin-A for about a month now nightly, and my skin is hardly peeling (it is dry around my nose though) and in the morning sometimes it's actually greasy. The clogged pores around my jawline are starting to diminish, but the breakouts around my temple and forehead aren't budging.

My question is if this has anything to do with my makeup? I used bare minerals powder because it's the only thing I feel safe to use that's a mineral foundation -- everything else makes me look shiny. I also put concealer (I don't know if it's non-comedogenic) from Benefit called Boi-ing on my dark circles and on the breakouts. After lots of trial and errors with other concealers, this stuff is the only thing that works. Could my makeup be stunting my efforts??? :confused:

FYI- I occasionally use a primer from ClearPrep that has 1.0% salicylic acid in it, or I'll just use Cetaphil facial moisturizer.

It seems like we are in the same situation i use bareminerals too and sometimes i think the makeup is just causing more comedones that the retin a just brings up!! ill def stop using it if its just prolonging my progress. i hope we find an answer!!

It seems like we are in the same situation i use bareminerals too and sometimes i think the makeup is just causing more comedones that the retin a just brings up!! ill def stop using it if its just prolonging my progress. i hope we find an answer!!

Definitely! I would hate to be using this stuff and not getting anywhere because of my makeup... But I am pretty loyal to my bare minerals :cry: I know Clinique is supposed to be non-comedogenic, I think I also heard good stuff about Neutrogena... gotta look into it more!

I am also having problems with clogged pores still and I am almost at the 3 month mark with tazorac. I use bare minerals as well. Maybe we need something lighter than this?? Any ideas from anyone else on what makeup to use??

I'LL START TONIGHT WITH MY DIFFERIN 0.1 CREAM . IF I'LL HAVE IB (HOPE NOT) I'LL HAVE TO USE A MAKE UP 'CAUSE I'M WORKING AS International Public Relations. I DON'T HAVE ACNE OR PIMPLES BUT I HAVE A LOT OF GLOGGED PORES AND SOME BLACKHEADS TOO AND I'LL TRY TO FIX THIS WITH DIFFERIN CREAM). SO I WAS THINKING TO BUY FLUID MAKE UP CALLED NUDE FROM DIOR . I'LL LET U KNOW IF IT WORKS