Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ldm2010

accutane and food

so ive been on accutane for a few months and i take 40 mg total a day(2 20 mg pills). and i workout usually around 2 oclock each day and take a protein shake after im done which is past 3 o'clock. but now with school changes i may have to workout at 3 and take the protein shake past 4.since i take the 2nd accutane pill of the day at 5:30 i was wondering whether taking a protein shake an hour prior would have any affect on the accutane absorbtion. the reason i ask is because i remember when i was on either minocycline or tetracyline and it said not to eat for 2 hours prior because it would affect absorbtion. does any1 know if it will affect the absorbtion of accutane at all?

so ive been on accutane for a few months and i take 40 mg total a day(2 20 mg pills). and i workout usually around 2 oclock each day and take a protein shake after im done which is past 3 o'clock. but now with school changes i may have to workout at 3 and take the protein shake past 4.since i take the 2nd accutane pill of the day at 5:30 i was wondering whether taking a protein shake an hour prior would have any affect on the accutane absorbtion. the reason i ask is because i remember when i was on either minocycline or tetracyline and it said not to eat for 2 hours prior because it would affect absorbtion. does any1 know if it will affect the absorbtion of accutane at all?

You're actually supposed to take accutane with food, it increases the absorbtion of the med (preferably, take it with something that has some fat in it). There's some info in the medication guide that comes in each box of accutane that refers to this. This includes stats on the absorbtion with high fat food vs. taking it without. Hth.