Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
me n my pimps

ive got a crush on a guy buttt ugggghhh

i've been talking to this amazing guy for a few weeks now and he told me that he likes me... :wub:

we mostly hang out in places where the lighting doesnt show off my awful skin...the few times we have been in bright lights, my acne wasn't too terrible to where i was super insecure

we're supposed to hang out this weekend (in 3 days) outside during the day ata park and now there's no hiding from him i was OK with this but now my face started breaking out like crazy!!

i cant imagine being out there with him all day and looking him in the eye and actually enjoying myself

i feel absolutely sick to my stomach just thinking about this

i wanna cancel our plans but then he will think i don't like him and that i dont care!!! gahh what to do?

Just straight up tell him that you are self conscious about your acne and what he thinks about it. That's what I'd do if i've already hung out with a girl i liked a couple times.

im in the exact situation as you with this girl i met we have only seen eachother at night and i was wearing a hat... its easy for me to tell you to just go but i know its not as easy as that. but honestly the way i have been thinking lately is you only have one life to live and you dont want to let good things pass you buy. if he really likes you it wont matter. GO!

Just straight up tell him that you are self conscious about your acne and what he thinks about it. That's what I'd do if i've already hung out with a girl i liked a couple times.

^^Yes. Just tell him how self-conscious it makes you. If he likes you, he should be able to see past your acne, and for your personality. Go out, and have a good time =)

I can relate, I'm seeing this cute guy tomorrow who is interested in me, but hasn't seen the "real" daylight state of my skin yet. We're going to a park as well! My advice toyou is te same I've given to myself: go out there and forget about your skin, let your personality and qualities shine through.. and most of all, have fun! ;)

I can relate, I'm seeing this cute guy tomorrow who is interested in me, but hasn't seen the "real" daylight state of my skin yet. We're going to a park as well! My advice toyou is te same I've given to myself: go out there and forget about your skin, let your personality and qualities shine through.. and most of all, have fun! ;)

I agree, if he likes you for who you are then acne isnt going to stand in your way, but if not then he's not worth any of your time

Well, if he says he likes you then that's definitely more than a lot of people can say. I wouldn't be afraid if you have talked to him and you like each other.

I'm pretty much the same way you are, I try to avoid bad lighting like the plague, but it's impossible to avoid it. I'm a pussy and won't ask a girl out because of my scars, but if I knew her and she said she liked me, I wouldn't care about lighting at all :/

Have fun.

I agree with everyone else go for it! don't let this issue stop you from enjoying yourself, he must be looking forward to a lovely day with a darling at the park:) don't be afraid, have a great time and let your personality shine through.

all these people telling you to go are full of it. half of em wouldn't go themselves..i know i wouldn't. why embarrass yourself?

Wow. What a ridiculous post.

To the poster,

I would go.

You'll regret it. and if he says he likes you, then he wants to be with you/have more time with you.

I say go, because the pros out weigh the cons.

all these people telling you to go are full of it. half of em wouldn't go themselves..i know i wouldn't. why embarrass yourself?

Wow. What a ridiculous post.

To the poster,

I would go.

You'll regret it. and if he says he likes you, then he wants to be with you/have more time with you.

I say go, because the pros out weigh the cons.

well said camcorder:)

Girl, breathe, Overcome the butterflys and go for it. Use the facts of the situation and don't make a decision based on the feelings.. As the bible states: Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting. When those two leave you in ole age, what will their be?

As a guy, If I become attracted to a girl: It'll be pretty much close to impossible to break that initial attraction. Trust me, if he likes you just as much as you claim; he'll overlook that self-consciousness and reassure you that it's no biggie. Being self-conscious as a female, isn't nearly as destructive as being male and extremely self-conscious.

I wouldn't tell him up front, I'd just go with the flow and if he has a problem with it then it's his loss.

Besides, he's taken the plunge and told you that he likes you so I'm sure he won't be put off by something so silly as acne.

I recently told my girlfriend about my back and chest acne; she told me she did not care at ALL, and was only bothered by it because I was bothered by it.

If that makes sense?

Now, everybody has had a couple of spots at some stage, and some get it more severely.

So I'm sure he's been aware of spots on him at one time or other, so just don't worry about it.

Confidence is key!

toomanyman

Don't let acne control you. Let you control acne. Go. Don't even think.. what if this or what if that. I don't want to hear it. Go. And no, I don't want to hear people say that I wouldn't go either. I look super bad, seriously. I have looked so bad for so long it's ridiculous. This past summer I felt like this. I felt like I didn't want this guy I was dating to see my skin up close or in bright places. I wouldn't even let him get close to my face. We did not kiss. I was so uncomfortable. And you know what, he didn't care that I had acne and that my face was turning red. He really really sincerely liked me and I had one of the best summers because of him. If this guy is worth it he won't care and you will have a wonderful time and acne will not even matter so much. You have acne. You may think you are unattractive because of it. You are cute and you have acne. Acne does not replace the cute part. It is just an addition to your face. So, guess what, it doesn't define you. Don't let it. You still have so much to offer. You are incredible. Believe it. Stop looking into mirrors. Just stop. You'll feel so much better about yourself when you forget what you look like. Go out on this date and have a great time. If he is a douche and thinks it's completely unsightly, then he is not worth it and that's not a big deal. Move on to someone better and more mature. That's the way it works. You have all these fears deep inside of you and you tell yourself all of these things that you think will happen. Think positively. Be confident no matter how bad it is, no matter how bad you think it is. Good luck and stay strong!

Go! This guy already likes you. Chances are, even if he saw your skin differently and thought something bad about it, he wouldn't stop liking you for it. But guess what? If you've been talking for a few weeks, his first impression is already made. At this point, he's probably not paying much attention to small details about your appearance like how your skin looks, how neat your clothes are, etc.

I know to you, your skin doesn't seem like a 'small detail', but I promise that it seems like a much bigger deal to you than it does to him. And I know it's cliche, but if he stops seeing you over this (which I highly, highly doubt he will), you know he wasn't a good guy anyway. Good luck, you can do it!!

Definitely go!

What's more awesome than meeting someone, hitting it off and having an amazzinggg time? You guys have already hung out and like each other, so I say swallow that fear and have fun!

Besides, if he's the kinda guy that isn't gonna like you because of some silly ol acne, he's obviously not good enough for you anyway :)

skylyre

That's a horrible idea. Guys like a girl with confidence. Make an excuse about having to do something in the day. BUT make sure you recommend doing something later (possibly at night) so that he knows you're still interested and not just blowing him off. When he gets to know you better, then let him know your concerns.

Edited by forserce

He's seen you before and liked you regardless. Even if it was in situations where you acne wasn't that bad, or it was in bad lighting...if he likes you, he's obviously taken a good look at your face before and knows what's there.

don't cancel!! have confidence (fake it if you have to) and act like there's nothing wrong and that you're having a great time. chances are he won't even notice, especially if you have a little cover up on.