Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
see a derm

on the spot vs dans bp

I actually like the way nuetrogena on the spot makes my skin feel compared to dans bp....it dries it out more or something, i cant really explain it. I just want to make sure that dans works just as well haha.

thats because neutrogena is a cream based. its works fine though I used it for 3 yrs before I switched to dans, his is a gel based so it goes on clearer. Neutrogena will make your acne "appear" better than what it is. I actually use it as a consealor for smaller pimples, it makes them less shiny and red

I actually like Dan's BP best. I've had acne for 11.5 years and have been through the run of the mill on BP products - if it's on the shelf in the drugstore, I've used it. Dan's BP is probably the only stuff that doesn't feel cakey on my skin or leave residue.

Though I can't use the full 2 pumps without it feeling like a layer sitting on my skin, I still like it best. However, it's not weird if you like Neutrogena best. To each his own and if it works best for you, then hey, stick with it!

-but I'd still give Dan's a try if you haven't already.

Edited by gMARIAs

Because of cost effectiveness and convenience of application, I'm definitely sticking with Dan' BP over NOTS. The one thing that's a bit bothersome about Dan's is the amount of time it takes to dry, especially with the full two pumps.

I'm also noticing that my entire face burns like mad the first fifteen-ish minutes after application, but I'm hoping as I continue to adjust to the regimen, that discomfort will subside.

I agree that the Neutrogena BP makes your acne appear better than it really is because of the white colour. It also dries out really fast.

I usually use Dan's BP when I'm at home, but when I go on vacations or trips, I will take the Neutrogena BP with me.

This is an interesting thread, thanks for making it.

I'm on NOTS after 6 months, but I read alot of threads saying that dan's isn't less drying. Would you guys say that it works better than the NOTS? (I'm asking opinion because I've contemplated buying Dan's like fifteen times, and then didn't).

Yeah the only reason i like NOTS is how it makes your face appear more clear....but i think dans is the way to go, it goes on easier, leaves no residue, and is a bit less drying and irritating. : )

I usually use Dan's BP when I'm at home, but when I go on vacations or trips, I will take the Neutrogena BP with me.

Lol, I do this too. The tiny tube of NOTS is just easier to bring along when I have to spend the night somewhere else. : )

Everyones on Dan's BP, but me! :surprised: :(

I'd really recommend that you give Dan's BP a go. Not only does it make more sense financially, but I really do feel that it's a better product. If you decide that you don't like it, you can always switch back to NOTS, but it could turn out that you really like Dan's BP, you know? : )

i agree with the ppl who said OTS dried much more quickly than dan's bp. sometimes i would try to spread it way too harshly, so that it would be able to get everywhere on my face.

when i switched to dan's bp, my face did feel a little more dry, but it didn't last. i didn't like having to to buy the the small tubes of OTS so often, esp since i was using the full amount of bp.