Notifications
Clear all

Gonna get a eMatrix, aka Sublative Rejuvenation soon

MemberMember
(@chanelwy)

Posted : 11/05/2009 11:16 pm

Hey guys. I am going to be a lab rat here and get myself the Sublative Rejuvenation treatment.

You can find out more here.

http://www.matrixskin.com/

I'll do 3 treatment (whole face) with a complimentary re-firm treatment. for $2500. Quite pricey. But I've heard that it works better than Fraxel.

Thank god they have financing options.

I'll give you updates once I have them. The first treatment is gonna be in late November, and I gotta prepare my skin with hydroquinone serum. (another 100 bucks)

I'll let you know. Hopefully, this is gonna be money well spent.

MemberMember
(@scars4life)

Posted : 11/06/2009 9:17 pm

Nice, at least someone is trying this out. Hope you'll bring some before and after pics.

Good Luck.

But.... How are you a Lab rat if you are paying for the treatments.

Rats don't pay. Do they?

MemberMember
(@chanelwy)

Posted : 11/08/2009 11:21 am

haha, now i wish i was actually a lab rat. I meant since nobody else on this board had pursued this, I might be the first, and am very anxious about this, yet full of hope. haha.

I'll keep you guys updated.

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 11/08/2009 12:49 pm

glad someone is trying this too, do you have darker skin btw? Let us know how bad the downtime really is, I hate it when they say minimal downtown and you actually look horrid for a week!

MemberMember
(@chanelwy)

Posted : 11/08/2009 3:52 pm

Yeah, I am Asian and have olive skin tone. They told me the down time is gonna be 24 hours tops, with a sunburn kind of feeling. But should subside soon. And there's gonna be tiny dots on the skin right after, which should fade away within one week. and they told me it could be covered by makeup.

Now, i'm having my fingers crossed and must patiently wait. haha.

MemberMember
(@jjp007)

Posted : 11/12/2009 1:30 am

I was looking into this also but the only place around me is a medi spa place in the mall and I don't feel comfortable doing laser procedures in those types of places but that is just me.

I can't wait to hear how it goes! Please keep us updated! Good luck.

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 11/12/2009 3:42 pm

I urge you to reconsider about being a lab rat. That most likely means the people doing it have no idea what they're doing.

btw, I hope you aren't paying to do this -- they should do it for free if you are their guinea pig.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/12/2009 9:18 pm

Need a whole lotta more info on this. Mild treatments usually result in mild results. Not enough reviews especially from MedSpa and RealSelf. I wouldn't do this without independent doctors reviews.

MemberMember
(@chanelwy)

Posted : 11/12/2009 10:45 pm

Thanks for all the concern. you guys need not worry. I am not really a lab rat, i was just kidding. They had the machine for a while and have patients done that. They told me it should be more effective than fraxel, and it is quite safe.

The place is quite nice, quiet, not in a mall. I know, i cannot stand the idea of doing this in a mall, and having to walk out all the way to the parking lot through the crowd without makeup on.haha

MemberMember
(@jjp007)
MemberMember
(@chanelwy)

Posted : 11/26/2009 12:44 am

Hello all, went through my first treatment. Here to share with you. The whole thing took about 90 minutes

First, numbing cream for 30 minutes. (sticky, but really works, my lips were put to sleep, and no, they didn't apply directly on my lips.)

I'm not going to explain the science behind this procedure, you guys can read it off the internet. Basically, the thingy they used is like a stamp with a 64-dot grid on it. There are three intensity groups, A,B, and C, C being the highest. And each group has 3 levels.

I was treated with B3 first. I didn't feel much pain with B3, just pressure, so I told them to be more aggressive. They went up to C2. Basically, they double crossed my entire face and triple crossed my cheeks where my worst scars were. As they were stamping, the numbing cream started to wear off (not entirely though), and it began to hurt. For me, it's totally tolerable, the worst area was above the upper lip.

But keep in mind, i have a high threshold for pain. I was doing glycolic peels and derma-rolling, and they told me that my skin was conditioned so it could endure more pain. And they did call me tough, so i guess it might be different for other patients.

For me the whole procedure was not bad at all. The worst part was the smell of my burnt skin, not the smell per se, but the idea that my skin was being burnt.

Now, Downtime. After the procedure, my skin was swollen and very red, with tiny dots all over my face. The swelling and the color was gone after two days. However, the day after my procedure, those tiny dots became scabs. Needless to say they could NOT be covered with makeup and I had to stay home. After day 4, the scabs started to fall off. By day 6, 80% fell off, and I could go out again. (thank god by the time of black friday).

For the first treatment, i can not tell any difference just yet. I guess it needs time to heal and produce collagen. And they said normally, results could be visible after the 2nd treatment. On top of that, my scars are ice picks, the hardest one to recover. But i still look forward to the next treatment. They said they would start off with C3 next time.

I am still hopeful. :D

Will update again. Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. :P

MemberMember
(@devilishsmile2hotmail-com)

Posted : 11/26/2009 5:04 am

Hello all, went through my first treatment. Here to share with you. The whole thing took about 90 minutes

First, numbing cream for 30 minutes. (sticky, but really works, my lips were put to sleep, and no, they didn't apply directly on my lips.)

I'm not going to explain the science behind this procedure, you guys can read it off the internet. Basically, the thingy they used is like a stamp with a 64-dot grid on it. There are three intensity groups, A,B, and C, C being the highest. And each group has 3 levels.

I was treated with B3 first. I didn't feel much pain with B3, just pressure, so I told them to be more aggressive. They went up to C2. Basically, they double crossed my entire face and triple crossed my cheeks where my worst scars were. As they were stamping, the numbing cream started to wear off (not entirely though), and it began to hurt. For me, it's totally tolerable, the worst area was above the upper lip.

But keep in mind, i have a high threshold for pain. I was doing glycolic peels and derma-rolling, and they told me that my skin was conditioned so it could endure more pain. And they did call me tough, so i guess it might be different for other patients.

For me the whole procedure was not bad at all. The worst part was the smell of my burnt skin, not the smell per se, but the idea that my skin was being burnt.

Now, Downtime. After the procedure, my skin was swollen and very red, with tiny dots all over my face. The swelling and the color was gone after two days. However, the day after my procedure, those tiny dots became scabs. Needless to say they could NOT be covered with makeup and I had to stay home. After day 4, the scabs started to fall off. By day 6, 80% fell off, and I could go out again. (thank god by the time of black friday).

For the first treatment, i can not tell any difference just yet. I guess it needs time to heal and produce collagen. And they said normally, results could be visible after the 2nd treatment. On top of that, my scars are ice picks, the hardest one to recover. But i still look forward to the next treatment. They said they would start off with C3 next time.

I am still hopeful. :D

Will update again. Happy Thanksgiving, everybody. :P

Hey chanelwy,

I'm glad it all went well :D I hope you get the results you want :) just be patient. And please update us. Even once a month. Btw, what is the location of the clinic? Do you know their address or if they have a website?

Thanks a lot n enjoy the break :)

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 11/26/2009 12:42 pm

hey chanelwy, thank you very very much for updating us on ur treatment..i just want to know wat the after treatment protocol is like.. can u shower right after or do u have to wait a day or 2? do u have to apply aquafor?? do u have to take antiobiotics to prevent acne from the treatment??

MemberMember
(@chanelwy)

Posted : 11/26/2009 4:06 pm

Here's the website of the place I went to

http://www.emergemedispa.com/

And for post treatment care, they gave me a guideline for post fraxel b/c they said it's the same.

No aquaphor needed. you can use a gentle cleanser, so shower is okay. Just gentle moisturizers and sunblock (zinc based). No exfoliating or harsh stuff for at least a week. and regular skin care regime after a week. After two weeks, i should start using hydroquinone again to prepare for the 2nd treatment.

And I am taking spiro to prevent acne. No antibiotics. They told me to take a tylenol b4 treatment for pain. I forgot to do that. :P But it wasn't bad after all so it all worked out.

Right after the treatment, my face was kinda hot, like sunburn, and it went away after 2 hours.

Hope this helps guys. Happy thanksgiving!

MemberMember
(@vivienckw)

Posted : 11/27/2009 2:38 am

http://www.emergemedispa.com/

And for post treatment care, they gave me a guideline for post fraxel b/c they said it's the same.

No aquaphor needed. you can use a gentle cleanser, so shower is okay. Just gentle moisturizers and sunblock (zinc based). No exfoliating or harsh stuff for at least a week. and regular skin care regime after a week. After two weeks, i should start using hydroquinone again to prepare for the 2nd treatment.

And I am taking spiro to prevent acne. No antibiotics. They told me to take a tylenol b4 treatment for pain. I forgot to do that. :P But it wasn't bad after all so it all worked out.

Right after the treatment, my face was kinda hot, like sunburn, and it went away after 2 hours.

i think i did 4 ematrix before .. it left me w/ an additional scar on nose

my doctor was a lousy one . he did the laser on me right after i finished accutane

later i figured no one is supposed to do any laser treatment at least 6 mths after

i hope no one would go thru the same thing as i did

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 11/27/2009 11:47 am

vivienckw sorry to hear that..it just scares and upsets me that some doctors out there dont know what they are doing. right now i am waiting waiting 6 months so i can have sublative rejuvenation for my deep acne scars. I really hope this is the treatment that will help me alot cause my scars are pretty deep..and chanelwy thank you very much for answering my questions and i wish u the best healing everr........

MemberMember
(@sxt)

Posted : 11/27/2009 4:57 pm

Hi chanelwy,

I'm pretty interested to see how this procedure turns out for you. I'm a Fitzpatrick IV/V, so many other cosmetic procedures aren't really an option for me.

That's good that you didn't have any hyperpigmentation post-procedure. However, I'm curious why they instructed you to use hydroquinone in the first place? I thought one of the main benefits of matrix RF (or ematrix) was that post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation wasn't a concern; if that's true, then why would you need to prep your skin with hydroquinone. Did the doctor explain to you why it was necessary?

Either way, good luck with the rest of your treatments. I really hope it works out well for you.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/27/2009 8:13 pm

Well I finally found a little doctor talk by searching for e Matrix on Med Spa.

Matrix RF = eMatrix. It is a very powerful handpiece that goes with emax. The handpiece is capable of offering fractional / 1550 glass, / 2940 erbium and / 10600 co2.

I guess time will tell if matrix rf can offer us the result we expect.

I will keep the forum up to date on matrix rf.

04.19.2009 | c.lee

I have been using fractional radiofrequency from Alma lasers about 16 months. I use it for many indications : from photrejuvenation, strech marks, acne scars, .... I can tell that it works very good even beter than fractional lasers which I also use. The down time is only 1-2 days and no serious complications. If is someone is interested I can show some photos of my results.

07.21.2009 | Dinko Kaliterna

MemberMember
(@chanelwy)

Posted : 11/28/2009 2:14 am

thanks for all the good wishes guys. I am healing well, i think. almost all scabs have fallen off. I think the reason they've asked me to use the hydroquinone serum is that though this procedure isn't supposed to give you hyperpigmentation, as advertised i should say, it still burns the skin and leaves people with scabs. They told me to use this to condition my skin and to prevent hyperpigmentation. I guess better safe than sorry, even it means another hundred dollars.

vivienckw, I'm sorry to hear that. Another example of doctors who don't do homework. Hope things will get better. I have raised scars on my nose, so I am really curious of what's gonna happen to them. I guess I'll just wait and see. keep hope alive..:P

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/28/2009 9:54 am

CahnnelWy, thanks for being our test subject. Do you have any information on treatment levels and depth of penetration? Everything I am finding on line is sketchy and mostly advertising. I am searching for comparision between eMatrix and fractionated Co2 Ablative, but this is none to be found. Most of what I find extolls the virtues of treating darker skin types, but little else of substance.

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 11/28/2009 2:51 pm

in the future when i do get Sublative Rejuv or Fraxel repair i will tell the doctor to turn it up to the max regardless of the pain and the risk of watever else. at this point i really had enough of these deep acne scars and i would do anything...Im sincerely hoping that this treatment is the right treatment for our annnoying acne scars cause i dont want to result in having permament fillers all over my face....

MemberMember
(@chanelwy)

Posted : 12/01/2009 12:18 am

I am sorry I have no idea about treatment levels or depth of penetration. But i could ask them about this the next time.

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 12/29/2009 8:28 pm

Hey Chanelwy! i havent heard from you for a while..How are you doing?? Are you satisfied with your results? anyways i hope your doing well and your getting the results u expected!

MemberMember
(@chanelwy)

Posted : 01/13/2010 11:15 pm

Hello all, here to update again. Thank you Steve for your good wishes.

I postponed my 2nd treatment b/c i went away for vacation for a week. I did the 2nd treatment last week. I asked about the depth of penetration into the skin, and they told me for Matrix RF it's 2400 (whatever the unit for this is. I forgot..lol), and for fraxel, its 1500. So it reaches deeper than fraxel.

2nd treatment - started from the most aggressive level, the rest was pretty much the same as the 1st treatment. Not too much pain, not bad at all. scabs were formed on day 2, started falling off on day 4, mostly gone by day 7.

I think the overall tone of my skin has improved. My complexion is brighter. For scars, i haven't really seen any great improvement yet. But my mom says it's working, that my scars are shallower. I guess i should still wait a few weeks to see actually results. I am still very hopeful. At least, it didn't get worse, and my overall tone is much better.

By the way, hydroquinone serum gave me breakouts. So they switched me to phyto+(from SkinCeuticals) for prepping, and that worked fine for me.

Feel free to ask questions guys. I'll update again in a month or so. Hopefully i'll see great results...:P

Good luck everybody, and Happy New Year.

MemberMember
(@tennispro2018)

Posted : 01/13/2010 11:46 pm

thnx for sharing ur experience. Sounds like this is a good treatment since it goes deeper than fraxel but not exactly sure which fraxel ur refering to. I am also thinking about getting it but i have very deep acne scars so still debating if i should get the ematrix or the fraxel repair. good luck with ur treatments and hopefully u get the results u desire..