Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CilLA

So I meet this guy ..

I've never created a new post before, but i really need advice.

So I meet this guy at a lounge when my face was mostly clear and of course the lighting also did me some justice. He's gorgeous and has AMAZING skin. I've been talking to him for the last few days and he keeps telling me that he thought i was beautiful and he keeps asking to take me out. Of course I’ve been breaking out for a few days and me going out on a date like this is not even an option. I don’t want him to think that I’m not interested in him, yet I don’t want him to see me and not be what he expected. I feel like he’s going to be disappointed. Do I just keep making excuses until my face clears up again? But how about if it never does .. Should i just go on the date and see if he's still interested?

Advice would be nice.. Thanks

So I meet this guy at a lounge when my face was mostly clear and of course the lighting also did me some justice. He's gorgeous and has AMAZING skin. I've been talking to him for the last few days and he keeps telling me that he thought i was beautiful and he keeps asking to take me out. Of course I’ve been breaking out for a few days and me going out on a date like this is not even an option. I don’t want him to think that I’m not interested in him, yet I don’t want him to see me and not be what he expected. I feel like he’s going to be disappointed. Do I just keep making excuses until my face clears up again? But how about if it never does .. Should i just go on the date and see if he's still interested?

seriously dont be silly, go on the date.. if he backs out over your spots his not worth it.

ahaha, I've been here one to many times girl. often times, Many people worry about superficial things such as acne when persueing a relationship and they play "Do or Do not, that tis the question" game to much. I'll be honest: if he thinks you are beautiful now, nothing will change his mind. It's not looks that breaks attraction, it's personality believe it or not.. If he reacts negatively to your skin, then he isn't the one.

See, Love is deeper than looks. Attraction is so much more involved. IF I see a girl that is attractive personality and looks wise and then next week she develops acne, nothing will . Because I was attracted to her personality or who she was. Once, you develop the type of attraction where personality/personal interaction is involved, it'll be almost impossible to forget that person.

Think about this for a moment: do you want to persue someone that bases their relationship with you on feelings (egg shells) or do you want someone that flat out excepts you period, no strings attached? Honestly, I want a mate that wants to be with me, even if my face burned in a horrible accident. Girl, its your call but you'll never know until you seek it. Whats the worst that can happen? A guy proving he's not who he appears to be....Kind of a broken record don't you think? If you think he'll accept you more by waiting for your acne to clear up, Then what happens if you develop a severe skin disease or become confined to a wheel chair; Will his opinion of you change then?

no no no no and NO...

personally, i dont care about two or three pimples in a girl, if he said you are beautiful is because you are and your beauty will overwhelm those insignificant pimples you have, he doesnt know why you are being indiferent, he doesnt have a crystal ball baby, so you gotta go for it!!

just like everyone else says, go for it. the lighting in lounges might be a little more dim than natural light, but if he thought you were beautiful (not many guys i know even say that .. it's always she's hot or she looks good), then a few brighter lights is not going to change that.

i say put on one of your favorite outfits and enjoy yourself. he may turn out to be an ass, or he may be just what you're looking for. it's worth going just to find out, right?

seriously dont be silly, go on the date.. if he backs out over your spots his not worth it.

listen to Adam :)

go out and have fun!!!!!!!!!!! :boogie: and then tell us how the date went :shifty2: i demand lots of shifty2

personally i would wait till my skin cleared up a bit. two or three pimples on your face isn't too bad but anything exceeding that then u need to wait a bit longer.

Thank you thank you everyone for your words of wisdom. I think I’m going to wait it out a couple of days and see how my face is treating me. I just don’t want to go and feel insecure and weird. Although when i'm mostly clear im still insecure about my face, but Anyway .. If I do go soon ill be sure to take a shot or two before!

GO FOR IT

If you don't go, you'll always wonder what could have been. Live life with no regrets - so don't do anything you will regret. If he doesn't like you because of acne you don't deserve him anyways. Go out, enjoy your night, and have some fun. If he sees you're into it, I bet he won't even notice.

Give him a good time :D

personally i would wait till my skin cleared up a bit. two or three pimples on your face isn't too bad but anything exceeding that then u need to wait a bit longer.

what?! rubbish