Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rrw

Accutane Log starting Nov 5

thanks for the support guys! That just made me feel so much better :)

Day 21

Already done 3 weeks!

I don't see that much of a difference yet. The clogged pores on my nose and chin are getting pushed out, and face is dry now for day and night, which hasn't happened ever since I was like 12 or 13, so I'm really excited about that.

The derm said that I probably won't see a difference for the first month or two, so just waiting now...

oh one side note, i think accutane really is thinning out the skin, right now i must have like 5 paper cuts on my hands, and it's not like i've been slicing my hands with paper just for kicks

Edited by rrw

Day 27

I think maybe I am just starting to see IB now. The left side of my face is completely broken out - maybe 10 actives? I know, it's disgusting. The right side, on the other hand, is feeling a lot smoother. I still have a long way to go though, there are still these tiny bumps scattered all over my face waiting to come out.

I am however, happy that I am completely dry 24/7 now. About half of the blackheads on my nose have fallen off, my chin and nose feel super smooth.

On the downside, there is a lot of redness on my cheeks, i mean A LOT, anyone has any suggestions to help with the redness? I think I'm scaring my roommates here...

Day 33 ... I think

Thanks ItalianBoy I can only find the Aveeno moisturizer so I already bought it so I'll give that a try.

Can't believe I'm already on my second month. My prescription just went up to 40/80mg on alternate days. Today is my third day taking the 80mg, and the dryness has just gone up a notch. I have to constantly apply lip balm, my skin is peeling, and raw. I just got out of the shower and my face actually stung a big when I was putting on the moisturizer, so no wonder there is so much redness.

I feel like the top layer of my skin has been stripped off (which it probably has), so I'm kind of scared that skin healing will slow down...

Anyhow, right now I have more important things to worry about - EXAMS! I have one tomorrow,and one the day after that, and on the day after that, and one of the day after that, (weekend), then 2 more!

I just hope I survive the next week to write about it. Wish me luck! :cry:

Day 35

First nosebleed today!

I've decided to stay on the 40mg/day until exams end, haha can you imagine if my nose started bleeding during an exam?