Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sahartar

Did I prevent myself from outgrowing acne?

I'm a 17 year old male with pretty mild acne. I've done a bunch of supplements and things for acne, such as niacin, ACV, DIM, probiotics, doxycycline, Ziana and Duac Gels, and MSM. I've heard people talk about how doing things like this can prevent one from outgrowing acne. My father outgrew his (severe) acne at 19-20 and had scars ( I have none), same for my mother and her brother (Mom had the mildest and uncle had it slightly worse, but still pretty mild)- which is the extent of my knowledge of acne in my family.

Does anyone know if doing this could have prevented me from outgrowing acne? As you can see the above treatments didn't do much, and I'm getting to the age where I can look forward to just outgrowing it.

I'm a 17 year old male with pretty mild acne. I've done a bunch of supplements and things for acne, such as niacin, ACV, DIM, probiotics, doxycycline, Ziana and Duac Gels, and MSM. I've heard people talk about how doing things like this can prevent one from outgrowing acne. My father outgrew his (severe) acne at 19-20 and had scars ( I have none), same for my mother and her brother (Mom had the mildest and uncle had it slightly worse, but still pretty mild)- which is the extent of my knowledge of acne in my family.

Does anyone know if doing this could have prevented me from outgrowing acne? As you can see the above treatments didn't do much, and I'm getting to the age where I can look forward to just outgrowing it.

I'm not sure about supplements, but I am very curious about topical use and not "outgrowing" acne. I'm 22 and I have acne worse now that I ever had during puberty. I have done all the traditional methods short of accutane, and I am back on benzoyl peroxide. I'm worried that BP (which I used for about 4 years consistently) has depleted my face's natural defenses and equilibrium. Then again, I have no idea (nor will I ever) what my skin would be like now if I had done nothing. Psychologically, I would probably have gone insane.

I'm not sure about supplements, but I am very curious about topical use and not "outgrowing" acne. I'm 22 and I have acne worse now that I ever had during puberty. I have done all the traditional methods short of accutane, and I am back on benzoyl peroxide. I'm worried that BP (which I used for about 4 years consistently) has depleted my face's natural defenses and equilibrium. Then again, I have no idea (nor will I ever) what my skin would be like now if I had done nothing. Psychologically, I would probably have gone insane.

This sounds exactly as me. I think BP and antibiotics for years made my skin as it is today: sensitive and with moderate acne.