Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Warrior of Acne

I am an obsessive picker, probably like most of you :(

I am not the only one right? I have to pick at my skin if I have a big juicy pimple awaiting. Also, any little non-inflamed whiteheads have to go! I hate it. Good thing I have not done too much damage yet, but the future awaits. So, are you like me or are there any people that can actually control themselves?

I know right?! I wanna slap the shit out of myself when ever I pop one!

lol i hear ya.. i actually punched myself in the side of my head before in anger

Wow! Haha never done that before. I just really feel terrible but it's so relieving having the gross puss being pushed out.

ya bro... acne fucks me up mentally hard.. esp when i know im going to have to see my girlfriend.. i spent all summer with her with pretty good skin and now its getting bad. she lives like 4 hours away so we see eachother every weekend or two and when my skin gets bad and i freak. i made excuses twice already not to go see her.. one morning i snapped and punched the tiles in my washroom like twice till my hand started to hurt, lol. i smashed something against my sink once and had to explain to my parents why there was a crack in it.

fuck acne man..

Edited by Johnjoz

Haha, I feel for ya, even though I haven't ever experienced that. I am gonna be put on Accutane Monday so hopefully this hell will end! Have you ever done it/ considered it?

ya bro... twice.. best 2 years of my life... being on it im clear then usually off of it for a year and it comes backs.. if i dont clear up in the next 2 weeks im gonna go see the doc again.

I try to remember to put aloe vera or some Neosporin on it so it does not scar... haha

yea hate it when stupid acne scars, one of my worst nightmares,

especially those big deep scars :(

Ahh stinks mate. Luckily I don't have any pitted scars, just HIP and some red marks.

yea.. im prone to scarring so i guess i'd have toleave with scars, def. sucks tho..

Obsessive skin picking has a borderline, and unfortunately I have crossed it and entered into the realms of OCD.

Having Dermatillomania makes beating acne so much harder... I pick at anything. If something doesn't look, or feel right, no matter where it is on my body then I will pick. I will pick and squeeze and scratch until I've completely ruined my face, chest, back or where ever else. I often end up with infected sores because of my picking... and it often starts with Spots. I have moderate scarring, but my Derm has said because I can cover up relatively well with make up etc, it's tough and I will have to live with any scarring.

How reassuring?!

I'm currently waiting for counselling to assess the extent of my disorder and start rectifying it. I will never beat acne if I cannot beat my OCD....

OMG i know it sucks and it's really hard 4 me cause none of my friends have it and I feel ugly all the time...I always think no onw will want me and just get down about it and i guess thats y i come across shy...but i'm not i wann b the life of the party..but with out acne thats why i'm going on roaccutane

what r u guys on or what do u use?

would love some help

Peace.love.Hope

xoxo

OMG i know it sucks and it's really hard 4 me cause none of my friends have it and I feel ugly all the time...I always think no onw will want me and just get down about it and i guess thats y i come across shy...but i'm not i wann b the life of the party..but with out acne thats why i'm going on roaccutane

what r u guys on or what do u use?

would love some help

Peace.love.Hope

xoxo

Look at my signature. That is what I use.

I know right?! I wanna slap the shit out of myself when ever I pop one!

lol i hear ya.. i actually punched myself in the side of my head before in anger

It's funny. I even fight with myself and yell STOP!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!

I've said it countless times. When I have those pustules under my skin I absolutely have to get the junk out from underneath it. I have a real problem with just letting it sit. For some reason, I've convinced myself that if I can correctly and effectively remove the gunk inside and then put neosporin on it, I will have sped up the healing process. It works 75% of the time for me. I always tell myself, "I won't touch my face anymore" but I just can't help it. I have been diagnosed with OCD and BD so it really isn't all that far fetched to me. The absolute worst feeling is going to work on a blind pimple and then realizing it isn't pop able. If I can effectively pop a pustule though I immediately feel a wave of calm come over me. BTW, I don't touch white or black heads...just pustules.