Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Irreligious

Bacne? what a good wash to use in the shower?

I use DermSelect Bp 5% wash on my chest and back. I just broke out for the first time ever on my chest and back, and the second time it tried coming back, I think the wash got it...a spot here or there, but basically kept at bay.

However, I don't like using it on my face, which only breaks out in the summer because I work outside sweating like a pig...

Clean and Clear Continous Control (I think that's what it's called). Anyways, it's 10% BP, which is perfect for the back. Since the skin on your back is tougher than your face, it shouldn't irritate you much at all.

Clean and Clear Continous Control (I think that's what it's called).  Anyways, it's 10% BP, which is perfect for the back.  Since the skin on your back is tougher than your face, it shouldn't irritate you much at all.

2nd. Use that with a good soap and it should get it. Give it a couple of weeks and you will notice improvement.

Does anyone suggest when in the shower it should be used? My mom once mentioned how conditioner may effect the bacne so I should wash my back and chest after rinsing the conditioner out. Does anyone agree? Or does it not matter? :huh:

Does anyone suggest when in the shower it should be used?  My mom once mentioned how conditioner may effect the bacne so I should wash my back and chest after rinsing the conditioner out.  Does anyone agree?  Or does it not matter? :huh:

Yeah, you definitely want to use the acne wash after you condition your hair. Otherwise you might leave some of the conditioner residue on your skin.

I use Oxy Maximum Strength Acne Wash (10% BP). It has worked very well for me- I'm almost completely clear after 7 weeks (and it was pretty bad before)- I'm to the point where I'm not embarrassed to wear clothes showing my skin.

I've also been using the Neutrogena Body Scrub, but i've switched back to L'Oreal Exfotonic (I've seen it on sale at a bunch of CVSs for 75% off, so it's a steal). It's a lot grainier than the Neutrogena, but now that I don't have active acne it's okay. It makes my skin really smooth and smells good.

I might stop using the Oxy wash every day since it's pool season and I don't want to get bad burns from sun and the bp. So I'm going to cut back a little and use Dial Anti-bacterial bodywash on the days I don't use it. The sun always helps to keep me clear anyways.