Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vicious Lyss

Eye creams...

Anyone have a good eye cream that reduces wrinkles underneath the eyes? I need a new one, my mom's isn't working. lol

Basically I've been wearing eyeliner for 4 years almost every single day, and I've got wrinkles under my eyes from it. And I need something new... suggestions?

P.S - I can't get something that's like $20. Something cheap and that works would be great.

wrinkles at 14....?

i don't think eyeliner can cause wrinkles unless you tug at your skin VERY aggressively. i know with me(i am 22) if i do not fully remove my eyeliner it settles into the lines under my eyes making it look like i have wrinkle, which i do not have yet. what do you use to remove your makeup?

anyways, if you truly think you need one- i hear good things about the regenerist line by Olay. just remember not to use harsh products on delicate eyes skin, and keep that area moisturized. also, check makeupalley.com to help make your decision...the reviews and stats are sooo helpful.

Yeah... I use the regenerist now, not too sure how it's been working... I just didn't know if there was anything better.

I have small eyes so I have to put the eyeliner under my lashes and below. I use my cleanser to just get my makeup off, too.. but it's wrinkly. Like layered up skin sagging. Not all the way, just right under the lashes..

Have you tried jojoba oil for removing your eye makeup, Lys? It takes it off really gently. The makeup is basically just disolved off, plus the jojoba is moisturizing, so it's like a 2-for-1 deal.

Haha, I can assure you, I'm not :D It's hard to put on eyeliner because it folds right under and when I put it along the lash line you can't see it, but below that it looks like it's down so much further because the skin is folded... they're actually more like fat rolls than wrinkles lol

Have you tried jojoba oil for removing your eye makeup, Lys? It takes it off really gently. The makeup is basically just disolved off, plus the jojoba is moisturizing, so it's like a 2-for-1 deal.

Haha, I can assure you, I'm not :D It's hard to put on eyeliner because it folds right under and when I put it along the lash line you can't see it, but below that it looks like it's down so much further because the skin is folded... they're actually more like fat rolls than wrinkles lol

No, but I have heard good things about it... I don't know where to find that around here? :think:

Do you have any health-food type stores around you? You could check there. Or you could see if your folks will order you a bottle from Dan's store.

Skin, especially thin skin around the eyes, can get a "wrinkly" effect when it's very dry. Most anti-aging eye creams I've seen contain exfoliants that can be a little irritating/drying. Depending on the product you're now using, maybe just a normal moisturizer might help? & I agree, jojoba oil's nice stuff.

To be honest, Lyss, I don't see anything (although, to be fair, the picture is a wee bit blurry). Still, a lot of women would consider themselves lucky to have a dark lash line. It makes your lashes look fuller, and you apparently don't even need makeup!

Also, don't put rubbing alcohol near your eyes again, okay? Not only is it too harsh and drying for the delicate skin around your eyes, but if you got it in your eyes, it would hurt like a bitch (even the vapors are irritating to eyes).

Lol yeah, I know, I won't. But you don't see the crease? The folds below the lash line? It's weird :( And it makes it hard to apply liner under the lashes.

Also, as to the whole eye cream question that started this....

The skin under your eyes has the exact same physiological makeup as the rest of your skin. The only difference is there is less muscle underneath it, making it feel thinner. Because there is less underneath it, it is easy to damage (less holding it in place, so if you were, say, squeezing a pore/pimple near your eye, it's much easier to squeeze too hard because there's little anchoring it in place).

That said, "eye creams" do nothing more for your eye area than regular moisturizers.

If you feel your eye area gets drier than other areas (I'm prone to get dry around my mouth...we all have our dry spots), use a thicker moisturizer such as cetaphil cream or aquaphor at night.

Don't waste your money on high priced eye creams. They're not worth it!

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/skin-care-fact...a-wrinkles.aspx

i love paula begoun, i get her newsletters all the time.

Me too...I don't read them nearly often enough, but her website is such a good resource.

Makeup and skin care with SCIENCE! It's delicious.