Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RoyalT

obsessively washing your face?

i keep getting asked by my family (thanks mom) why it takes me forever to wash my face...

i actually understand, because its kind of ridiculous but i probably spend ten minutes in the bathroom with the water running. The thing is, i only splash my face with water and actually wash it for a little bit but i inspect my face in the mirror from all angles and run my fingers over it to find any new pimples forming. This becomes even worse when my face is clear for some reason. I like doing this when the water is running because i like to leave the room after just having washed my face and not touched it all over.

Im i alone in this obsessive face washing routine?? :ninja:

I used to do this, try not to touch your face atall, and if you need to itch or something use the back of your hand - not your fingers as you touch loads of shit with them and they get dirty.

oh, i NEVER touch my face during the day

even if i have an itch lol

i only do this in the bathroom mirror as im washing my face, with BP, so there is definitely no bacteria

not too worried of it aggravating my acne, just wondering if anyone else does it...

I think need wash your face like normal people...

Acutally i had like 3 pimples and started to wash with lot of cleaners, and other stuff, 3 times a day, i usually washed my face in like 30 minutes.

And that made my acne worse all the time i am thinking about acne...

Now... Spalsh some water at morning and thats it, my face become less iritated and not so red.

Of course at evening i using cleanser or other stuff to keep my face clean.

But remember, youre normal people, and you dont need 10 creams to wash your face, when i think your acne isnt so bad, then your acne is really not so bad...

Thats my experiance, it helps me ...

I go crazy when it comes to my skin! I'm obsessively touching it and I know touching and picking is the 75% cause of my breakouts but I can't stop. I'm incredibly touchy because the back of my mind says "how's progress going? will it be clear by tomorrow?" when we all know that's not how your skin clears at all lol. It takes time -_- but I can't physically control myself.

When it comes to washing I do it twice daily though, but I go Inspector Gadget status for 15 minutes before I actually wash it.

Edited by SopehCoo

When I was my face it takes me like 15 minutes! I wash it, let it air dry, apply ACV, let it air dry again while I brush my teeth, Then I apply my product. When I was staying at my friends house we had to share the bathroom and she wanted to go in for her shower, so I asked if I could quickly wash my face. By the time I came out she was wondering why it took me so long! Its kind of embarrassing haha. I also look at my face every time as well. When I have nothing to do, I can look at my skin for like an hour :( .. thats sad. My washing routine has become so customary for me that I don't even notice the time anymore.

Okay, I know it may be hard to stop... but if you're washing your face with more than water (ie cleansers or soap or whatever) more than twice a day... it can lead to even more breakouts. =/