Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chestmess

Impenetrable Chest Acne--Please somebody save me!

Hello-

I have never posted on one of these sites before, but I am at my wit's end. I am 19 years old and have been suffering from stubborn CHEST ACNE now for about 4 years.

It is disgusting and makes me feel gross. I can only wear t-shirts. I have tried almost everything under the sun:

BP lotions/creams

salcylic acid body wash

gold bond powder

tea tree oil

apple cider vinegar

differin cream

Retin-A cream

Clindycamin

Minocycline

I am currently on Loestrin birth control and am taking Zin, vitamin c, vitamin E, and fish oil.

I am EXASPERATED. What's weird is that what is listed above completely helped my face and backne, which is gone. I have acne ONLY ON MY CHEST. I do not understand this and I am so frustrated. The dermatologist sucks and just hands me drugs. What is wrong with me! Sometimes I get so overwhelmed and upset and cry because I just want normal, healthy skin and be able to wear nice clothes and live my life!!!

SOS. SERIOUSLY. THIS NEEDS TO END.

Hello-

I have never posted on one of these sites before, but I am at my wit's end. I am 19 years old and have been suffering from stubborn CHEST ACNE now for about 4 years.

It is disgusting and makes me feel gross. I can only wear t-shirts. I have tried almost everything under the sun:

BP lotions/creams

salcylic acid body wash

gold bond powder

tea tree oil

apple cider vinegar

differin cream

Retin-A cream

Clindycamin

Minocycline

I am currently on Loestrin birth control and am taking Zin, vitamin c, vitamin E, and fish oil.

I am EXASPERATED. What's weird is that what is listed above completely helped my face and backne, which is gone. I have acne ONLY ON MY CHEST. I do not understand this and I am so frustrated. The dermatologist sucks and just hands me drugs. What is wrong with me! Sometimes I get so overwhelmed and upset and cry because I just want normal, healthy skin and be able to wear nice clothes and live my life!!!

SOS. SERIOUSLY. THIS NEEDS TO END.

Hi,

I really understand your anxiety. I have also suffered with chest acne for the last year. I get 3 or 4 big spots about once a month. That then leaves scares...my confidence was on a real low till i found this website.

Anyway I started on the moderate regigem for chest acne. I would have a shower in the morning using Dan's cleanser followed by the AHA. I would then do the same again after work. This wasn't really working so I bought the BP from Dan. My regimem now consists of:

A shower in the morning using Dan's cleanser (In cool to cold water as I read a lot of posts saying this helps)

Apply 2 squirts of Dan's cleanser (going to try Boots simple product soon) and apply gently around chest and shoulders.

Shower off and gently dry.

Once dry apply 2 squirts of Dan's BP and gently rub and let it absorb into my chest

Wait about 10 mins and apply the AHA.

Well I have only been on this regimem a week but I can really tell the difference. I haven't had a new breakout and my old spots have dried and starting to fade.

I have fairly sensitive skin and was worried about the redness using the BP, but it's not been too bad at all. A little redness, but fades during the day.

So far I am really pleased and I am hoping this really works.

I think you should give it a go as there are so many people saying it works...it is working so far for me also. I was very cynical as I tried so many things.

The only downside is the cost with shipping etc, but if you can afford it you can't put a price on happiness.

I hope this might help you

John

hey, thanks for replying. I recently started taking cold showers and using salt soaks like some people have recommended, and it has improved my skin more than everything else I had tried...I think i will try the cleansers as well.