Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ash40

Tamanu oil

Where is the best place to buy pure tamanu oil online?

On amazon there is a 50ml bottle for £18.50(+£4.00 p&p) is this the sort of price I can expect to pay?

Ash40, was wondering if you had experience with

tamanu oil??? I read a quick on-line blurb from a herbal

store touting healing effects and inflamatory properties.

My skin is sensitive so I thought maybe it would help

calm it down a little.

thx

Nope, I was looking for it because it's said to have similar properties to bio-oil which is way too oily for my skin. It probably would calm your skin down though, from the things I've been reading online it's nothing short of miraculous; which remains to be seen. :)

Edited by Ash40

That's fair, I was thinking of using it in conjunction with the derma roller.

Still looking for a good place to buy pure tamanu oil poeple!

I've had pretty good results from a derma roller so far actually. My skin looks a lot smoother, scars look a little better. Unfortunately I blunted it on the ceiling while spinning it round trying to dry it off lol. Might still use it for the stretch marks on my biceps.

Where is the best place to buy pure tamanu oil online?

On amazon there is a 50ml bottle for £18.50(+£4.00 p&p) is this the sort of price I can expect to pay?

you should be able to find it at most health food stores, amazon is a good place to buy it as well. expect to pay 10-12 US dollars (not sure of the conversion, sorry) per ounce but not a whole lot more, some companies have made it very expensive since its become so popular. And be sure to get 100% pure oil as thats the most effective. i've actually only been using it for a few days but i've noticed a huge improvement in my skin already :razz:

i got my tamanu oil from mountainroseherbs.com. Its a great company, good customer service, organic and natural products. I got a 2oz bottle for about 7 bucks but you can get larger sizes. My 2 oz bottle will last me a while though. I put a few drops on my face at night when my skin is too dry for BP. Definitely helps reduce redness of my scars but never seemed to prevent breakouts for me but my acne is moderate in nature. It might be more appropriate for mild acne? By the way there are clinical studies out there that say that it does reduce the appearance of scars-I've looked.

Be careful with it because it will stain clothing and bedding a bluish green color. I had to learn that the hard way.