Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Condition:Been lucky for most of my life with my skin. I am now 25 and in the past 2 years I have had "mild" acne my derm tells me. I been on and off doxy for almost a year. when I first started taking it I had great results but then my derm got fired(convienently when I had 3 pills left and ran out of prescriptions) so I went 2 months before I got assigned a new derm and in that period for the first time I got acne on my chest, back and face of course. My derm gave me the doxy again and .5 tretinoin for the night time. The chest and back has gone away completly but I can't seem to shake the face acne. It's been about 2 months and a half on the doxy so I know its fully kicked in but it's not producing results, Im sure I am immune to it by now.

My skin/type: Im spanish so I have really light skin, All my pimples are usually red and visible and when they are gone(pop or wait) they leave brown stains on my face. Safe to say i scar really easy. I have dry skin under my chin, cheeks and neck. My T zone is fair and my forehead is fair also. So I would say my skin is sensative

My Regiment:

Mornings: 1)clearasil ultra acne scrub(2 drops of pure tea tree oil mixed in)

2)Homeade Toner pure aloe vera and pure tea tree oil(90%aloe vera 10% tea tree oil)

3)Nuetragena oil free "sensative" Love this stuff for all the drying stuff I use on my face.

*daytime-I will use pure tea tree oil on a cotton pad and dab it onto those brown stains and active pimples or blemish's

Nights:

1)was using 5% panoxyl but since 10% worked great on my chest i switched to it.(1 drop of tea tree oil)

2).5 Tretinoin Cream all over(only a "pea size")

My Cam Sux so Im going to wait till either tonight or tommarow to upload pics on my friends Iphone. Hopefully tonight.

post-115513-1256866540_thumb.jpg

post-115513-1256866572_thumb.jpg

post-115513-1256866540_thumb.jpg

post-115513-1256866572_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jaydamuah

I have been using Tretinoin 0.05% for 17 weeks now and it did wonders for my skin. I started out with mild acne, which turned to moderate (during the IB). Just a warning, everyone is different, but for me the first 11 weeks were hell. If you are patient enough and stick with it, your skin should be flawless in no time. By week 13, I pretty much had a perfect complexion. Then in to week 15 I broke out again, (I am a female so around the time of the month) and now I am back to clear. Point is stick with it, no matter how bad your initial breakout is.

Good Luck.

Edited by BRAZZY

It's been 2 months with the tretinoin brazzy im going to continue using it I think it's doing more for me than these stupid doxy pills. Now if I was to apply the tretinoin and hour or 2 later after it's been absorbed into my skin is it bad or counter-productive to get a q-tip and dab a little bit of tea trea oil on the brown spots or new soft spots that I know are going to be pimples in the morning? thanks for the response by the way..

If I were you I wouldn't apply anything before the tretinoin or after. Even if it's absorbed I think it would get in the way of the effect of tretinoin. In the morning after you wash it off, you can spot treat with whatever you want though, but or the night time I would keep it simple. Let me know if you have any more questions.

when i peel tho, it does take the brown out and make my skin more even colored but it usually burns and gets red again when I wash it. Im thinking of ditching the toner...might be a little to much.

Edited by Jaydamuah

Don't touch your face. Especially since Tretinoin is a part of your regimen, I think any forceful peeling you do will end up doing more harm than good. Usually if peeling skin is ready to come off it will do so when you wash.

Edited by BRAZZY

yea I figured it would but its tough when im washing my face to see soggy dead skin hanging off my face. i exfoliate and still doesnt get all of it off. I tried this aspirin honey mask this morning tho. it seemed to help but can't tell untill the morning that the worst part. That and the new 2-3 pimples/whiteheads I get. I swear this doxy is doing nothing...almost 3 months and im worse off...

?? is it ok to peel the dead skin? or will it go away on its own..

If you need to use any sort of force to remove the skin then I think it's a bad idea.

Edited by Thin Lizzy

thanks for the help guys, after reading about the "dans regiment" I might order it and try it out. I hate taking theses antibiotics and im paying 50 dollars for a small tube of tretinoin. What do you guys think?