Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest lovelyladylivingwithacne

Would care you about your acne if it didn't scar?

deleted

Edited by lovelyladylivingwithacne

yes i would.. it isn't the scar that physically hurts but the fresh pimples that grow. and they draw more attention

Actually, I wasn't devastated by my acne until I realized how badly it was scarring my face. Once I realized the permanent damage was being done, I lost it. Totally. I had a pretty good attitude about it before.

Actually, I wasn't devastated by my acne until I realized how badly it was scarring my face. Once I realized the permanent damage was being done, I lost it. Totally. I had a pretty good attitude about it before.

Ditto

Ditto

Same here. Sure it sucks to have acne, but at least you know it's a temporary problem. Scars are lifelong. I wonder if I'll still be depressed about my scars when I'm 40.

Ditto

Same here. Sure it sucks to have acne, but at least you know it's a temporary problem. Scars are lifelong. I wonder if I'll still be depressed about my scars when I'm 40.

TBH I think i wont be bothered abt my scars if i were married and successful in my career. Cos thats all thats impt lol. Its a BIGGGGGG IF tho :think:

Ditto

TBH I think i wont be bothered abt my scars if i were married and successful in my career. Cos thats all thats impt lol. Its a BIGGGGGG IF tho :think:

seems stopping acne is easy.. removing red marks is not.

Ditto

Acne for me was an annoyance for a long time; it hurt my self-esteem and frustrated me with its persistence, but for the most part I managed to forget about it during the day.

When I realized it was scarring it was just a whole new world. Realizing your skin is being permanently damaged is not easy.

You don't just flick a switch and stop feeling self-conscious about your scars after getting married, though. Sure I can tell myself, "My husband says I'm beautiful and his opinion is the only one that matters," but in reality that isn't exactly true... I'm not trying to attract a mate, but that doesn't make the need to feel confident about myself any less important. If my appearance bothers me now, I don't know that any number of non-appearance related changes in life would change the way I feel about it. I might feel more fulfilled overall and have "bigger things" to worry about, but I think deep down the scars are still going to nag at me somewhere.

I would still care that I have acne.. but the pain will be much much easier to deal with, knowing that it is not permanent

I wouldn't be AS emotionally drained that's for sure! When I get pimples that I'm pretty sure won't scar I deal with it okay but when I keep getting these horrific cysts that leave massive scarring than yes, it's very difficult to deal with. I would rather go through a year of complete breakouts and be done with than have these scars I show now. It's very upsetting actually. Very upsetting.

I see some of my friends who get acne but they NEVER scar. The other day my friend had about 4 bad spots and I saw him two days later and totally gone. Me on the other hand would have red marks, scarring, weird discoloration... you name it.

i don't think everyone grows out of acne. i have a very strong feeling i won't. but even if i did, i would still have a problem with it. the inflammation, the redness, having to be concerned with some pimples that just pop out of nowhere, etc. yeah, i would still hate acne.

Edited by den_den

deleted

Edited by lovelyladylivingwithacne