Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cl1986

Good vitamin C cream/serum.

Could someone point me in the right direction to a good vitamin C cream/serum thats going to help improve the over all look of my skin as my scars are not treatable with derma rolling at the minute having just came off accutane.

My scars have been mainly from the last year from my 2nd course and not deep, but I just want my skin to appear healthier and my scars to look less vissible and get the confidence back that I had after my 1st course of tane. I'm getting sick of trying to hide my face during the day and want to confidently look at people when i'm talking to them.

Will drinking plenty of water (which I dont do at all these days) taking vitamin C & E and applying vitamin C cream help??

Could someone point me in the right direction to a good vitamin C cream/serum thats going to help improve the over all look of my skin as my scars are not treatable with derma rolling at the minute having just came off accutane.

My scars have been mainly from the last year from my 2nd course and not deep, but I just want my skin to appear healthier and my scars to look less vissible and get the confidence back that I had after my 1st course of tane. I'm getting sick of trying to hide my face during the day and want to confidently look at people when i'm talking to them.

Will drinking plenty of water (which I dont do at all these days) taking vitamin C & E and applying vitamin C cream help??

Avalon organics has a vitamn c serum and its organic too hope this helps and goodluck

anyone else have any ideas or advice?

I use Pure Deming's Pure C serum and like it a lot. I like their products because they're organic and filler-free.

Vitamin C serum or cream definitely helps because it stimulates collagen production, as well as a retinoid like Retin-A. Taking vitamin C orally should help too (1000 mg). I'm not sure if taking vitamin E will help with scars, I doubt it.

You can make your own Vitamin C-Serum. The instruction for this is mentioned on this site (10%).

http://www.natural-skin-care-info.com/vitamin-c-serum.html

But make sure to use the same mixture only for maximum five days and store it in a refrigerator.

Don't know if this helps, but I think only in conjunction with needling or dermarolling (but do not put it directly after needling on your skin, it is better to wait 24h).

Edited by Changelife

Thanx guys, this is giving me new hope. I thought I'd had enough of needing advice from these boards after amazing results and no scars after my 1st course of accutane. Aah well life sucks sometimes huh...

Can I use the home made serum on my skin having just come off tane? and is it pore glogging free?...... Also is it really going to be better those in the shops?.

Questions questions..