Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I used to hate going anywhere near fast food restaurants when I had mild-moderate acne...even though I'm almost clear at the moment, I still don't wanna touch them with a barge pole.. :naughty: I picture myself going in there and then breaking out instantly. :snooty:

Anyone else like this? :shhh:

I avoid fast food every time - it tastes gross and makes me feel horrible (plus, I'm conscious of it giving me bad skin).

I'm also a gym junkie so fast food is a waste of time :)

Yea I'm the same way. I use to love fast food, then I started to eat healthy. now just thinking of eating fast food makes me sick.

Guest lovelyladylivingwithacne
I used to hate going anywhere near fast food restaurants when I had mild-moderate acne...even though I'm almost clear at the moment, I still don't wanna touch them with a barge pole.. :naughty: I picture myself going in there and then breaking out instantly. :snooty:

Anyone else like this? :shhh:

I don't have fast food every week and restrict it to once a month.

there is NO proof that fast food or greasy food causes acne, i would address the development of acne to other things like stress, genes, hormonal imbalance, etc oh and weather, since extreme cold can irritate your skin, i know there is no absolute proof of that either, but i buy that more than food causing acne

Edited by andre0385

I go through phases. It doesn't seem to change my acne, but I do notice that a large intake of sugar over a few days does irritate my skin a bit.

The correlation is still debated upon, but it really needs to go on an individual basis. Plus, fast food may be bad, but the next time you pick up a bag of frozen meat, please read the ingredients. The trash they feed the animals is a byproduct in the meat. Don't fool yourself into thinking just staying away from fastfood makes you healthy. But it's definitely a step in the right direction. =)

there is NO proof that fast food or greasy food causes acne, i would address the development of acne to other things like stress, genes, hormonal imbalance, etc oh and weather, since extreme cold can irritate your skin, i know there is no absolute proof of that either, but i buy that more than food causing acne

what you eat definitely plays a role in the cause of acne. I'm living proof! I also believe it's different for everyone. For me, if I eat pizza one day, I WILL break out alot and rather quickly! It's not my imagination. I've experimented with this a few times. I've been eating healthy for several weeks now and I have perfectly clear skin! The best skin I've had in 10 years! of course I have been doing other things to improve my skin like: steam my face with green tea once a day, drink 4+ cups of green tea a day, change my pillow case everyday, wash my face only 2x a day (instead of 4x), be extra gentle when washing and applying creams, lotions, etc., exfoliate 2x a week, pat dry face when it gets oily by mid day (instead of washing it again).

It's a big change of lifestyle but it's worth it when I look in the mirror and see clear skin! I love it!

but to get back on topic: food definitely affects your skin.

Guest DireStraits

If my friends decide to go down to a fast food joint im always the one that doesn't order anything from there. They look at me like some sort of weirdo for deciding to eat healthy.

Theres no way i'm at a McDonalds anymore (although i do crave it) cause countless of times i break out from it.

I love it i simple reject the idea of anything connected to fast food which is awesome for your health..

I just think its a bad thing for your skin and the whole IMAGE your giving off to your friends ;)

I eat whatever I want now, pretty much. lol

Life's too short to not do what you want. Hey, I've done so much worse than eat fast food.

I just think its a bad thing for your skin and the whole IMAGE your giving off to your friends