Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chexmixrocks

red spots that must be healed / covered

about a week ago i popped two horrific pimples around my upper lip / cheek area. now, i know that popping is highly discouraged, but i just could not help it. needless to say, blood was present after popping the pimples.

i managed to use bp 10% to dry the blood and form a scab, however, i think i might have peeled it off slightly prematurely. i have now been using a combination of tea tree oil and aloe vera gel to sooth the redness of my skin down.

my main delimma is that i'm going to a halloween party on friday night and would really want the redness to be toned down considerably or, if i have to, cover it up.

is there any possibility that the aloe vera / tea tree oil will reduce the redness to a considerable level by friday (it's wed. afternoon, now)

or will i have to go to rite-aid and pick up a concealer (i'm an asian male with light-tanned skin)

please and thank you's.

well, i've been using the tea tree oil / aloe vera mix since yesterday, but i can't really see it working at all. in fact, i think my spot got even more red after applying it.

i guess i'll just keep applying it today and thurs. and hope for the best.

well, i've been using the tea tree oil / aloe vera mix since yesterday, but i can't really see it working at all. in fact, i think my spot got even more red after applying it.

i guess i'll just keep applying it today and thurs. and hope for the best.

that will be the tea tree. stop using it.

simply use the aloe vera, specially over night. it will help regenerate skin cell production and you may think its crusting but thats it doing the healing keep applying it over it every 2 hours or so

ah, ok. thank you very much. i'll stop using the tea tree oil immediately.

edit : is simply just washing my face thoroughly and reapplying aloe vera good enough to get rid of the tea tree oil mix that i applied or will i have to do something more?

Edited by chexmixrocks

irritation causes acne, remember that! so..

just use a mild cleanser with luke warm water, or just plain water again using luke warm water. be gentle.

then you will be good to go with the aloe vera :).

note to make, only apply aloe on the "spot" red mark etc. cause with me at least if i apply it to a troubled area, for some reason it breaks me out.

but applying it straight onto the mark, in your case the mark from the BP will heal it very quick.

worked for me, and i used BP and it looked horrific. not using bp ever again.