Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Model.Me

What's A Girl To Do When All Else FAILS?! :'(

I pray for everyone because I know what they are going through... I hope somehow we all find our individual cures ='(

Amen

If you do go on accutane, also try to get an antibiotic or a steroid for the initial breakout. You may or may not get an IB, but most people do. The IB is not pretty at all, and it may make your acne 2 times worse than it is now, and this can last for the whole accutane course. Most people get an initial breakout until the 3rd month, then things start clearing. Make sure you avoid the tetracycline family when on accutane. It can cause brain swelling. If your doctor does say it's not bad enough, tell him/her that you've tried all kinds of antibiotics, and everything failed. The next step for everybody is accutane. If antibiotics keep failing, all derms suggest accutane after that.

Edited by Buke

I'm willing to go to ANY extent at this rate. I will put up with the side effects. Its affecting my self esteem, and my job a hugeeee amount. I'm supposed to be a model for God's sake ='(

If it is affecting you that much and is bad enough, by all means go on Accutane.

Thanks for that Buke, its reassuring to know that there are real people out there that can relate with my situation. I've tried lots of different antibiotics, and like I've said before I just have my hands up to the skies and pray that the derm gives me accutane! The only thing is, I don't know which antibiotics I can take for the IB since I've tried all the major ones =(

Warrior, yes its that bad... Sadly =(

Thanks for that Buke, its reassuring to know that there are real people out there that can relate with my situation. I've tried lots of different antibiotics, and like I've said before I just have my hands up to the skies and pray that the derm gives me accutane! The only thing is, I don't know which antibiotics I can take for the IB since I've tried all the major ones =(

Warrior, yes its that bad... Sadly =(

which antibiotics were you on?

I started with minocycline, then went on to doxycycline, then went on to tetracycline and now I'm on erythromycin. I've had the topical erythromicin which was really effective when I was about 15, but now 5 years later its worn off =( I also tried clindamycin topical, no good for me =(

If it was mild acne like a few spots here and there I wouldn't mind. I can deal with that. But its terrible. I don't even wanna go university tomorrow =(

So did you end up going to the University?

to be quite honest, i don't think accutane should be considered a last resort, it is a wonderful drug that has improved the lives of millions. it has side effects, sure, but compare those with the horrid ordeals of living with acne and you have a winner. plus, the sooner you're on it the more chances you have against getting scars from chronic unremitting acne.

Jay, I think my GP left it late enough as it is to refer me to a derm!!! I have marks on my face already =( But its true what you're saying, I would rather take the risk and go on accutane... I can't live like this anymore... I feel so paranoid when people look at me, I feel like their eyes are wandering all over my face!

Timko, I had to go into university because I had an exam the next day (which was today) so I didnt wanna miss any important revision. Though I think the exam didn't go so well, I'm pretty stressed at the moment =(

Edited by *Model.Me

Jay, I think my GP left it late enough as it is to refer me to a derm!!! I have marks on my face already =( But its true what you're saying, I would rather take the risk and go on accutane... I can't live like this anymore... I feel so paranoid when people look at me, I feel like their eyes are wandering all over my face!

Timko, I had to go into university because I had an exam the next day (which was today) so I didnt wanna miss any important revision. Though I think the exam didn't go so well, I'm pretty stressed at the moment =(

If it makes you feel any better i faild my physics test lol

I remember hating physics, never mind... At least you don't have to go through statistics in psychology like I do - aggrevating both me, and my acne! :'(

hey,

dont give up i know what its like to look at yourself in the mirror and be like damn withouth all of this it wouldnt be so bad. acne sucks, we all know it. but thats why we are all here, we can work through this shit. you gotta stop stressing yourself out, thats key number one. go on the accutane that you are going to see your derm in december. i went on it and im just getting done with month two the stuff seems to be working. buy aquaphor and a shit load of cetaphil face cleanser. rub gently and change your pillow cases alot and you will se results. the key is, if you arent positive about the results, no medication on the planet will help you. sub conscious mind is a powerful tool, use it!

hope this helps

surge

hey,

dont give up i know what its like to look at yourself in the mirror and be like damn withouth all of this it wouldnt be so bad. acne sucks, we all know it. but thats why we are all here, we can work through this shit. you gotta stop stressing yourself out, thats key number one. go on the accutane that you are going to see your derm in december. i went on it and im just getting done with month two the stuff seems to be working. buy aquaphor and a shit load of cetaphil face cleanser. rub gently and change your pillow cases alot and you will se results. the key is, if you arent positive about the results, no medication on the planet will help you. sub conscious mind is a powerful tool, use it!

hope this helps

surge

Thank you so much Surge... Yeah its getting really bad now... I have stopped taking any antibiotics and I have just started breaking out like crazy ='(

I really hope the derm can help me, I don't wanna live with a painful face no moreee =(

sucks massively. i tried everything (and i mean everything), and finally got accutane. i highly reccommend it. and as someone mentioned in a porevious post, wash ur pillow cases frequently. i noticed a difference when i did that!

good luck with it!

sucks massively. i tried everything (and i mean everything), and finally got accutane. i highly reccommend it. and as someone mentioned in a porevious post, wash ur pillow cases frequently. i noticed a difference when i did that!

good luck with it!

Thanks Kaz... I try and change my pillow case as much as possible... I'm worried that there is an underlying problem that needs to be fixed rather than just covering the acne up with temporary solutions... Hopefully my derm and I will work this out when I visit next month. I just hate life atm. I can't even talk to guys anymore... I avoid any situation where I have to speak to a guy... And I turn them down when they offer to take me out etc. Fuck this. I've fucking had enough. It is now worse than ever before.

if its as bad as u say it is, discuss accutane with ur dermo. dont worry, most people on this site would understand exactly how u feel. i didnt go out for about 4 or 5 months coz it was that bad and i was severely dispressed. im just starting to get back to the old me now. it will get better somehow, whether its through accutane or something else... trust me. just hang in there & try to not beat urself up over it - its not ur fault.

i really hope (& believe) it'll work out for u. and u might not believe it, but chances are it seems much worse to you than it does to a complete stranger. i really wish u good luck with it. try to b positive!

if its as bad as u say it is, discuss accutane with ur dermo. dont worry, most people on this site would understand exactly how u feel. i didnt go out for about 4 or 5 months coz it was that bad and i was severely dispressed. im just starting to get back to the old me now. it will get better somehow, whether its through accutane or something else... trust me. just hang in there & try to not beat urself up over it - its not ur fault.

i really hope (& believe) it'll work out for u. and u might not believe it, but chances are it seems much worse to you than it does to a complete stranger. i really wish u good luck with it. try to b positive!

Believe me, if I could stay home for 4-5 months I'd be the happiest girl alive right now... I feel so ashamed to show my face... It was only today my grandad said "what are all these bumps still doing on your face?". I hope I get accutane... But is that gonna fix the "real" problem? I think there is some other issue inside my body that really needs to be uncovered. I hope the derm can help me with this... My face really hurts. It just hurts to be in this state right now =(

I'm at a loss as well...

23/female who's been on EVERY treatement imaginable. Accutane for almost 3 full courses, every other antibiotic, and currently on YAZ which is making everything worse (my skin, and my mood). I've read some replies which suggest a topical treatment of bar soap and moisturizer--I'm currently trying triclosan but it dries my face instantly (cracking/peeling/burning) and moisturizer makes me break out more. I have been seeing a derm since age 10 or 11.

I'm willing to be a guinea pig at this point if anyone's heard of anything OTC or prescribed...ideas?

MINE IS EXACTLY THE SAME HUGE RANDOM SPOTS ON THE FACE REALLY SAW AND THEN LOADS OF THE ALONG MY JAW AND IV TRY EVERYTHING YOURVE TRIED HAHA AM SAVEING UP FOR A CHEMICAL PEEL! BUTT PLEASEEEE LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND SOMETHINGG BETTER

MINE IS EXACTLY THE SAME HUGE RANDOM SPOTS ON THE FACE REALLY SAW AND THEN LOADS OF THE ALONG MY JAW AND IV TRY EVERYTHING YOURVE TRIED HAHA AM SAVEING UP FOR A CHEMICAL PEEL! BUTT PLEASEEEE LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND SOMETHINGG BETTER

I have also tried chemical peels, they help with the marks but nothing for the spots =(

My last resort is now Accutane. I am waiting for the bloodwork to be completed so that I can start my course.

But what if it all comes back..? ='(

I feel your pain... But look on the bright side, at least you can still say you're a teenager... What excuse do I have?

Tell me about it.

I am a guy approaching my mid 20's and am suffering probably worse than ever before in general. Quite funny how I was looking at pictures earlier of when I was like 19 and my skin was so much better. I keep trying to rack my brain as to what i was doing differently back then but nothing really springs to mind.

Even though its not nice having acne in high school I can tell you that it is worse for your self esteem being in your 20's and being teh only one with crap skin when you go out on nights out!

I hang around in a group of about 10 guys and some girls on nights out and none of them have a single spot! Kills me.

Im looking to go on accutane this year. Im still not sure its the correct solution because my skin isn't typical of someone going on accutane. If I go away to a nice hot country for a few weeks, but skin will become flawless! its amazing. However, I seem to have about 5 cysts hidden deep under my skin and when they 'come up' my face swells up like a baloon and i just look hideous. I really think the solution for me is to someone 'spot treat' them recurring areas (maybe with surgery or injections???) - anyway...Doc knows best apparently.

i really hope you find something that works for you though 'model.me'!

Funny that people mention hormones (although usually when talking about females acne)

I have always thought that my testosterone levels are low, mainly due to me having no facial hair to speak of. Also not much underarm hair. I tried to get a bloodtest done but the doctor fobbed me off. Do you think that my accutane dermatologist that i go and see in february will check my hornones levels if i ask??

I feel your pain... But look on the bright side, at least you can still say you're a teenager... What excuse do I have?

Tell me about it.

I am a guy approaching my mid 20's and am suffering probably worse than ever before in general. Quite funny how I was looking at pictures earlier of when I was like 19 and my skin was so much better. I keep trying to rack my brain as to what i was doing differently back then but nothing really springs to mind.

Even though its not nice having acne in high school I can tell you that it is worse for your self esteem being in your 20's and being teh only one with crap skin when you go out on nights out!

I hang around in a group of about 10 guys and some girls on nights out and none of them have a single spot! Kills me.

Im looking to go on accutane this year. Im still not sure its the correct solution because my skin isn't typical of someone going on accutane. If I go away to a nice hot country for a few weeks, but skin will become flawless! its amazing. However, I seem to have about 5 cysts hidden deep under my skin and when they 'come up' my face swells up like a baloon and i just look hideous. I really think the solution for me is to someone 'spot treat' them recurring areas (maybe with surgery or injections???) - anyway...Doc knows best apparently.

i really hope you find something that works for you though 'model.me'!

Funny that people mention hormones (although usually when talking about females acne)

I have always thought that my testosterone levels are low, mainly due to me having no facial hair to speak of. Also not much underarm hair. I tried to get a bloodtest done but the doctor fobbed me off. Do you think that my accutane dermatologist that i go and see in february will check my hornones levels if i ask??

I know I'm a bit late comin into this thread, but I really suggest against accutane. Or if you do take it, make sure you take lower doses but for a longer time. My derm had me on a crazy highg dose and I really regret it cuz it made me scar in areas I never even had acne! There has been research on this topic. I used to never scar at all no matter what I did to my skin, and now every little freakin pimple leaves some sort of mark or scar. I later went to a well known derm at a dermacenter where they do all sorts of research as well, and she told me that this could have been prevented if the accutane was taken in a different manner i.e. lower dose but over a longer period of time. Anyway, not tryin to scare anyone whose on accutane, but just be careful, some derms are idiots!

Another thing is, my cystic acne improved a lot after I stopped washing my face so frequently. I would only wash with a mild soap after the gym or anytime I took a shower and then otherwise just with cold water. Sometimes the less you do the better. I have a friend who had REALLY REALLY bad cystic acne and nothing worked for him, and then someone told him about washing only with cold water and his acne went away... pretty crazy... best of luck in finding something that works for you!! I know how you feel!! I hated going to university too, it sux!!