Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Axxith

How I became absolutely clear with vitamins.

Axxith, what type of Vitamin A did you use? Was it one capsule of synthetic Vitamin A that equaled 10, 000 IU or was it from a natural source such as Cod Liver Oil etc?

I used GNC's brand Vitamin A which states, and I quote: "Vitamin A (as fish liver oil)" I believe it was from a natural source with that said.

UPDATE:

Alright, well I'm still clear :) I'm pretty much finishing up a TCA peel I performed on my cheeks/near my lips and can't wait until spring semester begins :)

I haven't included anything unusual in my regmine...it's same old same old.

**Also, I have taken out Taurine and Gluta. I guess I didn't need them because my skin was fine without them :P

Edited by Axxith

thanks for making it so clear and simple!

I was going to start vitamin treatment in 2010 (as a new year resolution) :angel:

and I'm really glad I found this thread!

thanks for making it so clear and simple!

I was going to start vitamin treatment in 2010 (as a new year resolution) :angel:

and I'm really glad I found this thread!

Oh no problem! I wish you the best :)

Hi Axxith, do you have any pictures of your acne before, I mean no offence, but there have been quite a few people on here saying how severe their acne is only for them to have a few spots.

Just trying to get a comparison with my acne.

Thanks mate.

Hi Axxith, do you have any pictures of your acne before, I mean no offence, but there have been quite a few people on here saying how severe their acne is only for them to have a few spots.

Just trying to get a comparison with my acne.

Thanks mate.

Yup, below are some pictures. However, please take note these pictures are about 6 months ago and I have used a lot of topicals and taken a lot of supplements since then. So the 'after' pictures includes Dan's AHA+, TCA peels, some bp/sa topical treatment, and the supplements. I encourage everyone to take some form of my regimen and incorporate into theirs. I never knew I could be a model back in July-August, but now it's a part-time job for me! :)

Before:

I have more pictures, but I think you all get the point. My acne was BAD (I feel kind of embarrassed to even put this pic on here). Especially in the chin area (which was why I started taking Evening Primrose Oil and Magnesium Malate in the first place--they help with hormonal acne).

**next post will have 'after pics'

Edited by Axxith

After:

Pic 1: Alright I edited the first pic so you can see me at a speech & debate tournament! Yay. The other one was too blurry and small. This picture was taken about in October (so about 3 months ago). My severe acne began in July and around mid-august I began doing something about it through pills. I quickly cleared up by Halloween :)

Pic 2: If you can see them in my second 'after' picture I have some dark marks from prior acne. I'm actually happy I can look clear with so much dang light on my skin lol. But those were my first modeling shots ever and I had no experience haha, so my facial expressions may look odd.

Edited by Axxith

Thanks for that. I may try something similar to yours, without the vitamin A as I have been on roaccutane. Which brand of supplements did you buy?

Edited by goodlife
Thanks for that. I may try something similar to yours, without the vitamin A as I have been on roaccutane. Which brand of supplements did you buy?

I've always wanted to go on Accuatane, but my mom was too worried about the side effects and thus didn't (financially) support me in that area :P I believe the benefits can outweigh the risks but, who am I to say. I hope your roaccutane course is going well!

I'll post which brands I use by vitamins:

Fish Oil - Nature Made

Vitamin C - Nature Made

Magnesium Malate - Source Naturals

Evening Primrose Oil - Source Naturals

Zinc Picolinate - NOW brand

Vitamin D3 - GNC

Vitamin B5 - GNC

Niacin - GNC

Alpha Lipoic Acid - GNC

Edited by Axxith

Thank you very much.

I am not on roaccutane now, I was a number of years ago, but I have read it is best not to take a vitamin A supplement if you have taken accutane.

What is the difference between zinc picolinate and chelated zinc?

Thank you very much.

I am not on roaccutane now, I was a number of years ago, but I have read it is best not to take a vitamin A supplement if you have taken accutane.

What is the difference between zinc picolinate and chelated zinc?

"Chelated minerals are bound to a compound and depending on what that compound is may be not absorbed well. Zinc Picolinate is a compound. I would suggest you consult a pharmacist regarding the most absorbable form for zinc."

--I got this from: http://www.dietitian.com/zinc.html

Ok, I am going to have a go at doing something similar to what you did, I am also going to try colostrum as well.

It was definitely just omega 3 supplements you took not 3, 6, 9? Also how did you divide them up throughout the day?

Thanks again.

Ok, I am going to have a go at doing something similar to what you did, I am also going to try colostrum as well.

It was definitely just omega 3 supplements you took not 3, 6, 9? Also how did you divide them up throughout the day?

Thanks again.

To be honest, i'm not sure if it's 6 & 9. All the label says is 3 (for Nature Made). And I took 2 in the morning (with my breakfast), and then 2 for either lunch or dinner.

I'm about to order my supplements. When did you take yours mate? All at the same time or some in the morning, afternoon and evening?

Any particular one I should take at a certain time of the day?

Thanks

I'm about to order my supplements. When did you take yours mate? All at the same time or some in the morning, afternoon and evening?

Any particular one I should take at a certain time of the day?

Thanks

I'll post my schedule of all the pills I take:

Morning: Before breakfast, I take a 1 Fish Oil Capsule and then a Vitamin B5 pill.

After I eat breakfast, I take another Fish Oil Capsule and then Magnesium Malate

Lunch: I take 2 Fish Oil Capsules, a Vitamin A Capsule, and Zinc Picolinate

Afternoon: I take 2 Evening Primrose Oil Capsules

Dinner: After dinner I take a vitamin D3 pill, Alpha Lipoic Acid, and vitamin c

Before I sleep, I take a Niacin pill.

Edited by Axxith
Which of these should I take together?

Vitamin A, C, D, E

Zinc

Niacin

Fish Oil

Thanks!

I wouldn't take Vitamin A and Zinc together (I've read somewhere not to...not sure if that's a warranted claim but I just don't do it). Otherwise, i'd take Niacin last (before you go to sleep or so)

My Schedule:

No, I don’t take all the pills at once. I’m afraid some pills may cancel/lessen the effects of another, so I have taken my pills at different times of the day. Here’s my schedule:

1. The moment I wake up: I take 1 B5 pill and 1 Vitamin C tablet

After making breakfast and eating, I take one Vitamin A pill and two Fish Oil pills.

An hour or so before I eat lunch, I take two evening primrose oil gel capsules.

2. After making/buying and eating lunch, I take two fish oil pills, take a 50mg Zinc pill, and a magnesium malate pill.

1-2 hours after lunch I take an Alpha Lipoic Acid pill and a Vitamin D-3 tablet.

3. After dinner, I have a taurine pill (somedays if I remember), 1 evening primrose oil capsule and a glutathione pill.

Then, about an hour before I go to sleep I take two niacin tablets.

Sorry, I know this was a bit ago but i'm intrigued about certain pills 'cancelling each other out'.

I'm taking nearly all these supplements at the moment but just have them all at once before bed. Do you know which of the supplements affect the effectiveness of others? Thanks

My Schedule:

No, I don’t take all the pills at once. I’m afraid some pills may cancel/lessen the effects of another, so I have taken my pills at different times of the day. Here’s my schedule:

1. The moment I wake up: I take 1 B5 pill and 1 Vitamin C tablet

After making breakfast and eating, I take one Vitamin A pill and two Fish Oil pills.

An hour or so before I eat lunch, I take two evening primrose oil gel capsules.

2. After making/buying and eating lunch, I take two fish oil pills, take a 50mg Zinc pill, and a magnesium malate pill.

1-2 hours after lunch I take an Alpha Lipoic Acid pill and a Vitamin D-3 tablet.

3. After dinner, I have a taurine pill (somedays if I remember), 1 evening primrose oil capsule and a glutathione pill.

Then, about an hour before I go to sleep I take two niacin tablets.

Sorry, I know this was a bit ago but i'm intrigued about certain pills 'cancelling each other out'.

I'm taking nearly all these supplements at the moment but just have them all at once before bed. Do you know which of the supplements affect the effectiveness of others? Thanks

I don't remember exactly where I saw how pills can negatively affect each other's absorbtion if taken at the same time (it was on this forum), but I just don't take vitamin a and zinc together. and I'd spread out the pills you take throughout the day.

"Long story short, axxith's regimen is VERY GOOD."

To all

I'm the guy who was going to copy axxith's regimen, other acc. In the end i didn't copy it exactly in essence it is almost the same. The differences being i don't use magnesium or primrose oil, vitamin A or any sort of peel, nor do i do any sort of exercise/relaxation session. I also eat junk food readily, just not any sort of sugary stuff.

The results have been remarkable for me. I'm not 100% clear but i never aimed to be, as i'm 17 i'm now very happy to have reduced a moderate case of acne to a pretty much unnoticable case in just 2 months. The benifits i experience are the whole package: shorter-lived acne, less inflamation, less spots themselves.

Shorter-lived acne is synonymous with less inflammation i believe, but AHA is particularly effective in shooing acne away. Some of the vitamins may help also.

Less inflammation: For me, next to no refined sugar is absolutely essential here. You don't have to go o.t.t and remove fruit or anything very low in sugar, just avoid sweets and cakes like the plague. From vitamins, some i'm sure reduce inflammation a lot too (esp. niacin). AHA i believe helps with restraining acne and thereby evades exacerbating inflammation too. Also avoid irritation.

Less Spots Themselves: Water helps. Axxith's cited vitamins help. Aha helps. To some extent the lack of distress about acne helps too. The one original discovery i found for myself is using very little cleanser helps a lot. I use cetaphil and a blob maybe 5mm in diamer, rather than the 5-10x that i used to- this definately reduced my acne a lot. Moisturising is obv. essential.

I should note i wasn't some greasy bum before i tried this regimen, i'd tried many others, all with only little bits of success, or none at all. For me, using this one was just going back to basics before trying some very desparate things: thank fuck it worked else i'd probably be on accutane or some crazy shit right now.

Long story short, axxith's regimen is VERY GOOD.

Thanks for reading :P

Edited by Rudie James