Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LadyWillow

Every bronzer or blush I have used has broken me out

Every single bronzer or blush that I have used has broken me out. I am not sure if it is an allergy but one or two weeks later I will get itchy whiteheads. I want to be able to wear a little bronzer or blush when I go out on the weekends, but I don't want to have to suffer from breakouts.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what products have you found that have worked well?

Hi, its better to use a powder blush or bronzer ie. the ones in the compact use binders which can be comedogenic. Also make sure the blush or blonzer is oil free. The one I use is Maybelline mineral power powder blush. It is loose powder, oil free, mice free and non-comodogenic. I dont know about bronzer as I dont use that. I am already light brown skinned ...)

I had this problem until I started using Maxfactor Mineral Foundations. The one in the plastic tube thing with the brush in the top.

They do a bronzer too and it's fabulous! Definately worth a try.

I had this problem until I started using Maxfactor Mineral Foundations. The one in the plastic tube thing with the brush in the top.

They do a bronzer too and it's fabulous! Definately worth a try.

Is the bronzer that you like the ColorGenius Mineral Bronzer?

It only has 2 reviews on makeupalley =[. It also looks a little messy

The maybelline mineral powder blush got really good reviews for the gentle pink shade.

here are the ingredients

Polyethylene, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, PTFE, Synthetic Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Acrylates Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf Juice), Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Polyethylene Teraphthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Chamomile Flower Extract (Matricaria Chamomilla), May Contain ( /-): Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 15850 (Red 7), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

oh darn , it might have bismuth.. that breaks me out =[ Could someone confirm if it in face contains bismuth? thank you

If it says "may contain" it means it most likely doesn't contain any and even if it does, it will be a very insignificant amount. I once tried almost powder makeup from Clinique whose main ingredient is mica and I broke out a lot from that. So I think I am sensitive to mica but I have used the Maybelline mineral powder foundation for almost a year with no problems, so far I am liking it. The foundation also says "may contain mica", but it probably doesn't or is so insignificant that it doesn't affect me. In any case, you could probably buy it somewhere which has a good return policy, so you can return it, if you break out from it.

Edited by hina79

yeah chipped a cheek stain is definitely something to consider

hina, you are right, I think the maybelline powder is so popular because it is a good product ( or at least seems like one)

i haven't tried it, but the reviews on makeupalley.com are good for the gel blush. that website is great if you aren't familiar with it....you can also sort the reviews by skin type (ie -acne prone). before i buy any thing for my face i always check on there and find out what most think is good.

not what you were asking, but yeah checkout makeupalley ;)