Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AllieJay

Looks aren't everything

Look lets just cut the BS and get down to the issue everyone is dancing around. Everyone just wants to get laid as often as possible.

LOL. I'm fifteen in less than two weeks. I can assure you, I'm not just looking to get laid. Most girls don't actually, correct me if I'm wrong. I just know I'd prefer an actual relationship over some fuck buddies I didn't care about.

Now everyone can attack me with their politically correct views but everyone knows that if they were getting some on a regular basis they would not be on this site, or at least not posting in this thread.
Getting laid has nothing to do with coming to an acne site, at least that was not my intention. Just because people do have acne doesn't mean they don't have sex.

Look you can say this and that but we all just want to be hot and conform.

I think I can speak for most people when I say that being "hot" isn't what we want. It's getting back to how we used to be and want to be - without acne. I'm sure everyone would like to be "hot", but let's face it. Most people will take the closest thing they can get to in a heartbeat and that's curing acne. That's why we came here.

I think you like to stereotype. It's not fair to anyone in this situation, because to be honest, you aren't a mind reader, and you purely don't know for certain. If you don't personally know everyone here, you really don't have a place to speak for them.

Edited by Ḻyssa

"Looks aren't everything" :rolleyes:

I met a girl last night at a party, who totally said "looks come second". We laughed and talked the whole night, and told me how much fun she was having, she really liked me, blah blah blah. Guess what? Totally left with a guy, who I admit, was pretty damn good looking. Ironic? Nahhhhhh.

*sigh* to be young and idealistic again. I am not speaking for everyone but the MAJORITY of people. When you can drive I think we can have this arguement again. I am sorry you may be smart and precocious but you just dont have the life expereince yet, simple as that. Now maybe you are the exception but go through high school and college and lets see where your views are then

"Looks aren't everything" :rolleyes:

I met a girl last night at a party, who totally said "looks come second". We laughed and talked the whole night, and told me how much fun she was having, she really liked me, blah blah blah. Guess what? Totally left with a guy, who I admit, was pretty damn good looking. Ironic? Nahhhhhh.

Look lets just cut the BS and get down to the issue everyone is dancing around. Everyone just wants to get laid as often as possible.

LOL. I'm fifteen in less than two weeks. I can assure you, I'm not just looking to get laid. Most girls don't actually, correct me if I'm wrong. I just know I'd prefer an actual relationship over some fuck buddies I didn't care about.

Now everyone can attack me with their politically correct views but everyone knows that if they were getting some on a regular basis they would not be on this site, or at least not posting in this thread.
Getting laid has nothing to do with coming to an acne site, at least that was not my intention. Just because people do have acne doesn't mean they don't have sex.

true but clearness defiantly increases frequency

I think I can speak for most people when I say that being "hot" isn't what we want. It's getting back to how we used to be and want to be - without acne. I'm sure everyone would like to be "hot", but let's face it. Most people will take the closest thing they can get to in a heartbeat and that's curing acne. That's why we came here.

I think you like to stereotype. It's not fair to anyone in this situation, because to be honest, you aren't a mind reader, and you purely don't know for certain. If you don't personally know everyone here, you really don't have a place to speak for them.

hahaha you dont have to be a mind reader to understand human behavior. If you cant understand basic human behavior and interaction then acne is the least of your problems

For the people who say "College is different then highschool", it's still all about looks. Don't let people get your hopes up. I mean there's no sense in sitting in your room all day crying about your acne. I still try to pull bad chicks, I don't let it hold me back, and I still mack as if I didn't have acne, but better looking dudes are always gonna get laid more. The chick I talked to at that party was easily 10/10, but it's nice to know I have a good personality at least, so when I get through this bullshit I'll be getting laid left and right.

All girls say "I just want to be loved :cry: " but it usually ends up likeeee

1. Get drunk at party and have sex

2. Cheat on boyfriend they "love" so much with another dude

3. Front on everybody and just have sex with random dudes all the time

This isn't always the case, but sadly, it usually is. I'm being realistic. This isn't some fairy tale story were everything is perfect and dandy. Humans are horrible people deep down no matter how you look at it. It's life.

*sigh* to be young and idealistic again. I am not speaking for everyone but the MAJORITY of people. When you can drive I think we can have this arguement again. I am sorry you may be smart and precocious but you just dont have the life expereince yet, simple as that. Now maybe you are the exception but go through high school and college and lets see where your views are then

You've got to be kidding me. My birthday's in 10 days, and guess what, I'll be fifteen! That means I'll receive my permit after passing the test, and I'll be able to drive. Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks and reply again. I'm sure my views will change a lot in that time period. :rolleyes: Just because I'm 14 does not mean I don't have the right to voice my opinion. Nor does it mean I should be turned down just because of my age. You may not like what I say, but I do in fact have the right to say it and you can't take that away from me. You can choose not to listen, but you can't tell me to wait until I'm older to say what I want to say. My views may change but this is now.

You've got to be kidding me. My birthday's in 10 days, and guess what, I'll be fifteen! That means I'll receive my permit after passing the test, and I'll be able to drive. Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks and reply again. I'm sure my views will change a lot in that time period. :rolleyes: Just because I'm 14 does not mean I don't have the right to voice my opinion. Nor does it mean I should be turned down just because of my age. You may not like what I say, but I do in fact have the right to say it and you can't take that away from me. You can choose not to listen, but you can't tell me to wait until I'm older to say what I want to say. My views may change but this is now.

First: Hustla you are a person who sees the world clearly and obviously accepts the way the world works and trys to make the best of it. I commend you as more people need to stop living in a fairy tale as you so eleqeuntly put it.

Second: I never said you never had to right to voice your opinion. In fact I find it refreshing that there is still some innocence left in the world. However, if you think that your views wont change in the next seven years then you are sorely mistaken. I am completley fine with you sharing your views and it is quite obvious that we disagree. I am not attacking you for your age as it is something you cannot help. To be honest, I thought we were having a lively debate. I never told you you couldnt speak until your older. I merely stated that we should have this debate again in a couple years and I think some viewpionts will have changed. I mean come on your only a freshmen in high school. I dont know what you mean by "turned down" no one was asking anyone on a date. The fact of the matter is, is that at 14 (15 my bad) you think you have a clear view of the world when in fact you cant even see the forest through the trees. Althought I must say you are quite strong in your convictions for someone your age

No, I'm refraining myself. I'm going through some shit right now, and I'm not in a stable mood to discuss something like this. I don't want to take my anger out on you for it, it's not right. Sorry.

understood, it was getting heated and my intention was not to exasterbate your situation. It would be nice if more people had a similiar outlook as you

understood, it was getting heated and my intention was not to exasterbate your situation. It would be nice if more people had a similiar outlook as you

I have a similar outlook as Lyssa and I'm in college. xD

To be fair, I wasnt always this cynical. I guess going to college in Miami changed this. On the one hand it made me tougher (mentally) while on the other hand I am a completley different person

Just to be brutally honest but all that you're saying are basically the words of an ugly chick. I mean girls who are confident and sure of themselves even if they have acne know that looks are worth more than a second look, they mean a lot to people who are used to dating good looking guys or girls and who have a reputation, not one to be sluttly or to have sex all the time.

Yes sex is important and if you were having sex with a good looking person on the regular you would feel you looked good and wouldn't have any problems with thinking looks aren't everything. But that's what ugly ppl say, " Looks aren't everything.", and not just in relationships, but in jobs, cliques, everyday life.

Wanting someone who has a good job, good personality, blah blah blah, that's so typical of a " nice person" to say. It's not what you really want. What every good looking female wants once they hit the age of 18 years old is a good- looking guy, with a car, either going to college or has a good job and can afford to take care of himself as well as her. As women we've always looked up to those trophy wives who have the rich and powerful husbands who can take care of them and their families, yea it's noble to be able as a women to take care of things on your own, but in reality if every girl could have a guy who takes care of everything for her we'd jump on that in a minute. So I think everyone should just be truthful, it's better than lying to try and seem like something you're not.

Just to be brutally honest but all that you're saying are basically the words of an ugly chick. I mean girls who are confident and sure of themselves even if they have acne know that looks are worth more than a second look, they mean a lot to people who are used to dating good looking guys or girls and who have a reputation, not one to be sluttly or to have sex all the time.

Yes sex is important and if you were having sex with a good looking person on the regular you would feel you looked good and wouldn't have any problems with thinking looks aren't everything. But that's what ugly ppl say, " Looks aren't everything.", and not just in relationships, but in jobs, cliques, everyday life.

Wanting someone who has a good job, good personality, blah blah blah, that's so typical of a " nice person" to say. It's not what you really want. What every good looking female wants once they hit the age of 18 years old is a good- looking guy, with a car, either going to college or has a good job and can afford to take care of himself as well as her. As women we've always looked up to those trophy wives who have the rich and powerful husbands who can take care of them and their families, yea it's noble to be able as a women to take care of things on your own, but in reality if every girl could have a guy who takes care of everything for her we'd jump on that in a minute. So I think everyone should just be truthful, it's better than lying to try and seem like something you're not.

To be fair, I wasnt always this cynical. I guess going to college in Miami changed this. On the one hand it made me tougher (mentally) while on the other hand I am a completley different person

Yeah, different environments can really change a persons viewpoints on life. For me, I've pretty much lived with people who share the same view's as me but I have met people put looks and sex as #1 on their list.

Just to be brutally honest, this response is of that of an ugly female. I mean if you're an attractive girl and there are many on this board such as BRAZZY, Ariana, and Rocky666... even with acne looks still tend to matter. If every girl could have a guy who took care of them and knew that they'd never have to worry about money, love, security, they'd go for that good looking guy who could provide that for them. I think females who are on that noble streak meaning they want to take care of themselves by themselves are really in for a rude awakening when I say, it's cause no one else will do it for you. Every girl from the time they're 15,16 til they're well into their 30's has looked up to the trophy wives who get what they want because they have rich and powerful husbands. If every girl could have that and a good looking man don't tell me they would pass that up for a good personality or at least give it a second thought.

hahaha now I think people have this image of me as a sex driven maniac. while this may be true on thurs.-sat., I can assure you taht sun-wed I am on my best behavior

hahaha now I think people have this image of me as a sex driven maniac. while this may be true on thurs.-sat., I can assure you taht sun-wed I am on my best behavior

haha well you caught me on my good behavior day =)

We can try to pretend that looks don't matter, but those of us who don't "look good" know better.

I am not an incredibly gorgeous girl, but used to be totally normal looking. My acne did not affect my self-confidence too much until the last couple of years, because I've realized that suddenly, I can't make friends, I can't get anybody of the opposite sex to talk to me, and people generally avoid me. I was always the same person. Is it a coincidence that nobody had problems striking up a conversation with me, becoming friends, asking me out on dates pre-severe acne but now suddenly nobody wants anything to do with me? I doubt it highly.

There are some people that can and will be attracted to others in spite of their looks, but it is just that, IN SPITE OF. Which is a good thing for those of us that aren't so hot that we have people fighting over us. It is shallow, and it's the truth. But it's painful to know that we repulse people for whatever reason, and nobody should EVER, EVER lament about having to deal with so many people being attracted to them. It's simply heartless.

I agree obviously that looks are not everything, but they do matter somewhat to a majority of people.

There have been guys that I did not find attractive, until I got to *know* them personally. Once I get to know a guy and begin to like him, I start finding him physically attractive as well.

Physical attraction has got to be there, but for me, that attraction easily comes - if not at first sight, then with personality.

oh god thats horrible ur acne is clearing and now guys want you, geez life must be hard, come on r u seriousif my skin was clear I would thank god for it every day and never complain just be thankful