Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AllieJay

Looks aren't everything

My appearance has gotten pretty good.

Acnes clearing

Lost like ten pounds (when i really didn't need to and didn't try to)

And now I get lots of guys attention.

Which is what I wanted...now I don't. I have been used so much for my looks these last few months that I don't even know if the change in my appearance is more of a blessing or a curse.

All I'm saying is be careful what you wish for.

Most people don't want their acne to clear to get attention.. alot of people want it to clear so they don't get permanent scarring and so their face / body doesn't hurt anymore from the acne.

I do not think acne clearing is a curse.

I'm speaking for people who are in my situation.

A lot of people are doing it to get attention from the opposite sex or are excited for the chance to get that attention.

I'm giving a warning that looks obviously aren't everything.

I'm speaking for people who are in my situation.

A lot of people are doing it to get attention from the opposite sex or are excited for the chance to get that attention.

I'm giving a warning that looks obviously aren't everything.

I'm going to have to agree with you on this.

It ESPECIALLY isn't fun when there are guys fighting over you, and they expect you to choose. :blink:

Being used for your looks sucks. I'd rather be known for having a great personality and relationship material than being "that hot chick" that everyone wants just for a one night stand.

Well we'll all be wrinkly and unattractive soon enough. idk though, if you're getting positive attention from guys, I'd look at it as a good thing. Just know what kind of people to keep at a distance.

It ESPECIALLY isn't fun when there are guys fighting over you, and they expect you to choose. :blink:

Being used for your looks sucks. I'd rather be known for having a great personality and relationship material than being "that hot chick" that everyone wants just for a one night stand.

Looks arn't everything, but if people don't like what they see they won't bother getting to know you more.

At least that's how it is with me.

Guest Chrisâ„¢

Poor, naive souls.

I'm sorry, someone had to say it.

When I read your post (Allie), this is what I heard:

Hi, I'm good looking now and everyone wants to get with me because I'm so hot, guys throw them selves at me, but you people shouldn't want to become hot like me because it's just sooooo damn exhausting. It's so hard!! I allow people take advantage of me so I must be cursed.

I have been used so much for my looks these last few months

Guest Chrisâ„¢
Looks arn't everything, but if people don't like what they see they won't bother getting to know you more.

At least that's how it is with me.

Exactly.

Poor, naive souls.

I'm sorry, someone had to say it.

When I read your post (Allie), this is what I heard:

Hi, I'm good looking now and everyone wants to get with me because I'm so hot, guys throw them selves at me, but you people shouldn't want to become hot like me because it's just sooooo damn exhausting. It's so hard!! I allow people take advantage of me so I must be cursed.

To be honest, that's your own lack of good judgment (in whatever context you mean by "being used").

It ESPECIALLY isn't fun when there are guys fighting over you, and they expect you to choose. blink.gif

That must be an incredibly hard and painful thing to go through. /sarcasm

You two do realize that you are on an acne website, right? How do you think this shit makes people with severe acne or scars feel? You're trying to tell people that looks aren't important right after you boast about your good looks and popularity with the opposite sex. Thats like telling a starving person that food isn't important when you're sitting there eating a steak in front of them. Both of you are fucking gorgeous, I don't even see one blemish or scar in any of your pictures ever. A lot of people on this site don't have that luxury. How the hell are either of you going to try to tell anyone that looks aren't important?

We all know that a persons physical appearance is one of the most, if not the most important feature that they have, whether it be good or bad. That's just the cynical and shallow world we live in, there's no need to pretend looks aren't important because you're majorly bullshitting yourself if you really think that.

Ok, I'm fucking done now /rant off

:evil:

I agree 100%

This thread is just an attempt to make people feel better, but without any form of truth

it's obviously a blessing

having more people attracted to you means more idiots but it also means a greater number of quality guys/girls. It's just up to you to choose the right one, however choice is something you have. Compare that to someone who has no one attracted to them, means no options, no idiots, but no good guys/girls. Everyone will pick the first option.

Also i kind of agree with Chris. Life must be sooo hard being hot...

Edited by brandish

I took it to mean she was saying to be happy with yourself. You can always work on improving yourself, but you've got to love yourself first. If YOU don't accept yourself for your who are, then who else WILL? As an example, say you have severe acne and are very upset about it, wishing it would all just go away. So say finally, it all clears up, but now you are left with scars. Are you going to spend the rest of your life wishing your scars to go away? Say your scars do go away, will you spend the rest of your life upset about the time your lost because of acne? Your physical appearance is not what life is all about.

In her instance, I'd imagine she probably wanted a boyfriend and thought that once she improved her physical appearance all her problems would be over. She didn't account for the fact that she'd have a whole new set of problems. I don't think anyone will argue that attention (itself) from an opposite sex is bad, but think about the some of the things that could go along with that--especially for a female. You could be played, you could be stalked, you could get your heart broken, and you could be put in very very very uncomfortable situations. Before you say, "you're choosing the wrong guys"---I think that's part of the point.

Whenever you do something in life, you need to do it for yourself, and not because you think it will make somebody love you or appreciate you more. Life has absolutely no guarantees, but if your reasons for improvement are for yourself, you won't be let down.

My confidence has increased massively over the last few months. And my new confidence has since got me into a situation where I am clearly being used by someone for their personal and social gain. Go back 12 months and I wouldn't be in this position because I wouldn't have even had the stomach to speak to this person.

Confidence can indeed be a dangerous thing if we aren't careful!

I don't wanna be a fucking babe magnet, I just don't want to suffer unnecessarily.

You can get used by the opposite sex whether you suffer from acne or not. If you put yourself out there like a sucker men (or women) will use you for sex, money etc. I am guessing the OP was talking about sex in this case. If you lay down with every man, that just means you gained no confidence whatsoever, even though you freed yourself from your acne. So this thread is a waste of time.

Edited by BRAZZY

Well we'll all be wrinkly and unattractive soon enough. idk though, if you're getting positive attention from guys, I'd look at it as a good thing. Just know what kind of people to keep at a distance.

Lys, I want you for your sparkling personality, not your hot body.

:wub:

That must be an incredibly hard and painful thing to go through. /sarcasm

You two do realize that you are on an acne website, right? How do you think this shit makes people with severe acne or scars feel? You're trying to tell people that looks aren't important right after you boast about your good looks and popularity with the opposite sex. Thats like telling a starving person that food isn't important when you're sitting there eating a steak in front of them. Both of you are fucking gorgeous, I don't even see one blemish or scar in any of your pictures ever. A lot of people on this site don't have that luxury. How the hell are either of you going to try to tell anyone that looks aren't important?

We all know that a persons physical appearance is one of the most, if not the most important feature that they have, whether it be good or bad. That's just the cynical and shallow world we live in, there's no need to pretend looks aren't important because you're majorly bullshitting yourself if you really think that.

Ok, I'm fucking done now /rant off

Are you kidding me? I don't know how many times I have to say it, but looks AREN'T important to me. Whatsoever. You can disbelieve me all you want, but truth be told, you don't know me and quite frankly I don't want you to know me if that's the attitude you'll have. Looks are as about important as an octopus. They s u c k. If they're so damn important to you that's pretty damn shallow IMO.

I stopped caring about what people thought about me quite frankly because they can't change my mind. If they are just going to sit there and bring me down, they aren't even worth my thoughts. People will always hate you and someone will always disagree with your thinking. (Ironic, amirite) Not everyone is going to think you're beautiful and not everyone will think you're ugly. Deal with it. Push that aside and once you can stop worrying what the shallow people will think of you, I guarantee you'll feel a LOT better with yourself.

I wouldn't base your opinion of me by pictures. They can be deceiving. If you even looked, you'll know you can clearly see the one with glasses has red marks all along the cheeks, I don't know about the rest because I don't remember. I DO remember feeling bad for even putting up a picture of myself with bad skin for fear of being judged. I put that picture up everywhere - Myspace, FB, whatever. I just stopped caring, and did it. I don't care anymore, quite frankly.

By saying we don't know what it's like to have scarring or marks on our faces is completely ridiculous IMO. We all came here for a reason and I thought that would have been clear by now. Some people here still come after they're clear - should they stop coming because they make others feel bad? Because we're the ones shoving food in the starving peoples' faces?

I took it to mean she was saying to be happy with yourself. You can always work on improving yourself, but you've got to love yourself first. If YOU don't accept yourself for your who are, then who else WILL? As an example, say you have severe acne and are very upset about it, wishing it would all just go away. So say finally, it all clears up, but now you are left with scars. Are you going to spend the rest of your life wishing your scars to go away? Say your scars do go away, will you spend the rest of your life upset about the time your lost because of acne? Your physical appearance is not what life is all about.

In her instance, I'd imagine she probably wanted a boyfriend and thought that once she improved her physical appearance all her problems would be over. She didn't account for the fact that she'd have a whole new set of problems. I don't think anyone will argue that attention (itself) from an opposite sex is bad, but think about the some of the things that could go along with that--especially for a female. You could be played, you could be stalked, you could get your heart broken, and you could be put in very very very uncomfortable situations. Before you say, "you're choosing the wrong guys"---I think that's part of the point.

Whenever you do something in life, you need to do it for yourself, and not because you think it will make somebody love you or appreciate you more. Life has absolutely no guarantees, but if your reasons for improvement are for yourself, you won't be let down.

This is what I mean Chris

I'm saying that guys are users when they find a girl they think is pretty and don't care to know more about her.

I'm easily impressed because I've had such bad self esteem

I'm not saying "hey look at me, I'm hot" I'm saying to remember that personality should always come first.

Guest Chrisâ„¢

Hmm.

Are you kidding me? I don't know how many times I have to say it, but looks AREN'T important to me. Whatsoever.

:shrug:

Whatever. Yeah, you know what I look like now. You don't know what I used to look like and what I had been called and how I had been looked at every day. To judge me based on how I look now doesn't prove I was never "ugly" (quotations, because besides your judgment on my looks, I don't exactly stand with what you say. I may not have the highest confidence around, but I'm not going to let what others say affect it.) I was pudgy, I had greasy hair, I had acne and oily skin. Just because that all changed doesn't make me a superficial beauty queen. Yeah, I may have lost some weight, found a cure for my hair and fixed up my skin. That does NOT mean I don't know what it's like to be the ugly duckling and feel left out. I can't change how others look, hell, I wish I could change how I look. But the truth is you can't. I think every girl (and guy) deserves to feel beautiful. I wish people could see how beautiful they are. Maybe they don't feel like it on the outside, but everyone has some good traits on the inside. Letting those qualities shine is what's key. Think about it. When someone judges another person, their thoughts of that person only stays in their head for about maybe what, one minute at the most? Then they're on with their other thoughts. When someone has a nice personality, it captures someone's heart. I'd much rather be known as the girl who's bubbly, kind, and funny rather than "that one hot chick."

You can go home and sulk about your looks at the end of the day, but it won't change anything. I've been there more times than you can imagine, and yeah, it does suck. But it's best to move on and forget about it. Confidence is sexy.

Edited by Ḻyssa

so...ideally one should try and clear up around 50% of their acne :genius: . This way, they'll garner just the right amount of attention from the opposite sex. You won't get rejected by every girl/guy you meet, but you won't have to beat them off with a stick either